Chap 39: Business trips

As the Duke of Blackwoodshire, Alexander had many business dealings to attend to. He was constantly traveling and meeting with various partners and investors to ensure the prosperity of his lands and people. However, with his business endeavors growing, he found himself spending less and less time with his beloved wife and children.

Charlotte, on the other hand, was left feeling neglected and lonely. She longed for the companionship of her husband and yearned for his affection. She tried to keep herself occupied with the children and other household tasks, but the feeling of loneliness weighed heavily on her.

One day, Alexander had to leave for an extended period of time to tend to his business affairs. Charlotte felt devastated and was afraid of being left alone for so long. Despite Alexander's promises to return soon, Charlotte couldn't shake off the feeling of abandonment.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Charlotte missed Alexander terribly, and even the children's laughter couldn't ease the ache in her heart. She began to resent the Duke's business dealings and wished he could have spent more time with their family.

Meanwhile, Alexander was doing all he could to ensure the prosperity of his lands and people. He worked tirelessly, day and night, to secure the future of his family and legacy. He missed Charlotte and the children dearly, but he knew that he had to fulfill his duties as the Duke.

As time passed, Alexander returned to Blackwoodshire. He was eager to see his family again and make up for the lost time. However, he could sense the tension in Charlotte's demeanor. She was distant and cold, and Alexander knew that he had to make amends for his absence.

The Duke approached his wife and apologized for leaving her alone for so long. He expressed his love and devotion to her, assuring her that he would always put his family first. Charlotte listened to his words and slowly began to open up to him. They embraced, and for a moment, everything felt right again.

From that day forward, Alexander made sure to allocate more time to spend with his family. He realized that his duties as a Duke shouldn't come at the expense of his relationship with Charlotte and the children. Together, they worked to rebuild their connection and strengthen their bond, proving that love can conquer even the most demanding of circumstances.