Chapter 31: Homecoming

As Charlotte's pregnancy progressed, her belly began to grow and she started to feel homesick. She longed to see her parents, so she asked him to take her home for a visit.

The Duke was more than happy to fulfill her wish and planned the trip accordingly. They made all the necessary arrangements for the journey and set off on a beautiful sunny morning.

As they approached Charlotte's childhood home, she felt a mix of excitement and nerves. She had not seen her parents in a long time and didn't know how they would react to her new life as a Duchess.

When they arrived, Charlotte's parents were thrilled to see her and warmly welcomed the Duke as well. They sat down to a delicious meal and caught up on everything that had happened since Charlotte left home.

As they talked, Charlotte's parents noticed her growing belly and asked if she was pregnant. Charlotte blushed and confirmed the news, which delighted her parents even more. They showered her with love and attention, and the Duke couldn't help but feel grateful for the warm welcome he had received from Charlotte's family.

During their stay, the Duke and Charlotte spent time exploring the town and taking in the sights. They visited Charlotte's old haunts and met some of her childhood friends, who were amazed to see her as a Duchess.

As their visit came to an end, Charlotte and the Duke were sad to say goodbye, but they promised to visit again soon. They returned to their own home, feeling refreshed and happy after spending time with Charlotte's family.

The trip had been a great success and had brought Charlotte and the Duke even closer together. They talked about starting a family of their own and looked forward to the future with great anticipation.