Chapter 25: Unmasking the Rumor-Monger

After the rumors of the Duke's infidelity began to spread, the Duchess's life had become a living hell. Everywhere she went, people whispered behind her back, snickered and smiled scornfully, and she could feel their judgmental eyes on her. Her once beautiful and perfect marriage was now crumbling before her very eyes. She lost faith in love, and worst of all, she lost faith in herself.
One day, in the midst of her despair, the Duke came to her and said that he had discovered the truth about the rumors. He told her that it was his ex-lover who had spread the rumor to ruin their marriage. The Duchess was shocked and could not believe what she had just heard. How could someone be so cruel and vindictive? And why did she do it?The Duke explained that his ex-lover was still in love with him and was jealous of his happy marriage. She could not bear to see him happy with someone else, so she plotted to break them apart. The Duke was filled with anger and vowed to take action.He immediately hired an investigator to look into the matter and gather evidence against his ex-lover. With the help of the investigator, they discovered that she had indeed spread the rumors and was trying to ruin their marriage. The Duke was furious and wanted to take matters into his own hands.He summoned his ex-lover to his mansion and confronted her about the rumors. She tried to deny it, but the evidence was overwhelming. In a fit of rage, the Duke ordered his men to beat her with a hundred sticks and slapped her on the mouth so that she would not spread rumors again.The Duchess was shocked and horrified by what had happened, but at the same time, she felt relieved that the truth had finally come to light. She was grateful to the Duke for taking action and for standing by her side. It was a small victory, but it was enough to give her hope and strength to continue fighting for their marriage.From that day on, the rumors about the Duke's infidelity slowly began to die down, and the people of the country began to see the Duchess in a new light. They saw how strong and resilient she was, how much she loved the Duke, and how committed she was to their marriage.The Duke and the Duchess grew closer than ever, and their love for each other only deepened with each passing day. They knew that their journey would not be easy, but they were willing to fight for their love and their happiness. They were determined to overcome any obstacle that came their way, together.