34

Jimin walked into his apartment dragging his half-dead body. The work was getting more tiring and with a new virus spreading around in the world, the OP was filled that even GPs were outnumbered. He could feel his eyes burning. He was sweating hard. He held the door knob and all he could feel was his body giving up.

He slowly opened his eyes. He saw some familiar faces before he closed his eyes. He could hear someone shouting, "Jungkook, Jimin is waking up."

His eyes strained as he tried to see who it was. He saw a few people in PPE gowns. It didn't take him much to realize who they were. Jungkook, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin were looking worriedly at him. "Hey sleeping beauty, had good sleep?", Jungkook chuckled dryly. He was in tears. He almost lost his best friend.

"How long was I out", Jimin asked slowly.

"5 years", Jin said seriously.

Jimin's eyes went wide. "What?"

"Kidding. 3 days", Jin laughed.

"Ass," Jimin shot back trying to give Jin the finger, but then he saw the IV tubes in his arm. "What the hell?".

"Whoa there, take it easy, Jimin," Jungkook cautioned, checking the IV lines.", Jungkook warned as he placed Jimin's arm and monitored the IV tubes.

"What happened?", Jimin asked. He was surprised as to what exactly was going on.

"Don't you remember? You fainted at your door. Hoseok found you and called me. You were burning up like a hot air balloon. You contacted the virus, you couldn't breathe and your heart beat was dropping when they bought you in...You kept drifting in and out of consciousness, making us worry like crazy. You were like a yo-yo, going up and down and giving us a heart attack every time you went unconscious. We thought we lost you shorty." Jungkook's eyes began welling up as he gently punched Jimin's arm. (A/N: What's life without friends?)

"Wow...that's......wow...", Jimin confessed.

"You are recovering but still weak though so take it easy, okay", hoseok said.

"Yeah", Jungkook confirmed.

"Well, thank you guys, I guess I owe you one...thank you", Jimin said.

"Hey that's what friends are for and what friends do....", Jungkook said.

Jimin nodded as he smiled at Jungkook. He looked around to see another familiar face but he didn't find the man. It pricked his heart but he chose to ignore it. 

"Well, at least now you have a good excuse to take it easy for a while," Hoseok joked.

"Hey, I'm not complaining," Jimin said, grinning weakly.

***************************

"He's awake, Yoongi," Hoseok said, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

Yoongi's face lit up with joy and relief, and tears streamed down his face. "Thank god," he silently whispered, his voice shaking with emotion.

Hoseok put his arm around Yoongi's shoulder and gave him a comforting squeeze. "Let's go see him," he said, leading the way towards Jimin's hospital room.

But as they walked, Yoongi's expression grew more and more somber. "I don't think I can do it, Hoseok," he said, his voice trembling. "I'm scared to see him like that and besides, he doesn't want to see me."