Chapter 31

I braced myself for the evening, hoping to contain my parched excitement. At any given moment, Kendall would be arriving at my place for our first date. Only now had it fully dawned on me that we were conventionally dating, more or less.

From the mirror stand, I placed on a set of diamond earrings, while Daniela hurriedly guided me into my dress. When the doorbell rang, she volunteered to answer it, baring me the additional time to perfect my look.

Given that it was approaching 7pm, I assumed that it was Kendall at my door. The thought of seeing him dressed up in one of his expensive suits and patiently waiting for me to walk down the mounted stairs caused my nerves to unravel even more than I imagined.  

What if the date went horribly wrong? Stop it, Sasha. 

I couldn't allow myself to start self-sabotaging in my head. Things would go well because we had genuine feelings for each other.

After zipping up the somewhat casual dress, I considered how short and tight the garment appeared along my curvy frame. I'd give Daniela credit for finding a cute and colorful number in such a short amount of time, but, had I tried it on a bit earlier, I would have encouraged her to order the next size up. Deciding to pair it with my favorite yellow stilettos, I anxiously applied my Chanel perfume and departed from my bedroom.

 Deciding to pair it with my favorite yellow stilettos, I anxiously applied my Chanel perfume and departed from my bedroom

When I reached the bottom of the staircase, I could spot Kendall and Daniela's forms in the living room. Kendall elegantly took a refined sip from a glass of red wine, which I figured had been offered by Daniela. The first few buttons of his cream long sleeve were left undone, and complemented by black fitted slacks outlining his robust physique. A jacket was tusked away at his side, as he nodded his head at the casual dialogue shared between the two. 

Once his raven eyes met mine, time seemed to stand still.

Setting the glass down, he immediately paced towards me and away from whatever small talk he'd tried to make with Daniela. I almost felt bad for the way he'd so indifferently brushed her off. She didn't seem to mind, instead, fanning herself off from behind and throwing me a gesture of approval. Yes, I knew my man was fine.

"Sasha, wow." He appeared to be at a loss for words, offering a hand for me to take as I stepped down the last of the staircase.

"I know, the dress is a little short. I think I'm going to change-" I began to ramble, but was cut off when Kendall clicked his tongue in a disapproving manner.

"Stop overthinking. You look unbelievably sexy." His eyes darkened, as he pulled me closer. "Had I not made reservations, I could eat you up right here." He whispered, tapping on the panel of the staircase. 

I gasped at the uncensored comment, trying to imagine what him 'eating me up' would entail. Racy images ran through my mind, as my body gradually became hot and bothered. The way his tempting gaze withered its way down my figure, let me know that he was willfully aware of the arousing effect his words had.