Chapter 6

Nina waited a moment but Charles was not answering so she looked away feeling ridiculous.

"Don't mind me", she finally said. Charles, in a quick move, lifted her chin and kissed her on the lips.

Nina was surprised but did not push him away, she closed her eyes instead. Charles stood up and got closer to her without parting their lips. He wrapped her waist with his arms and hugged her even tighter. She placed her hands in his arms and parted her lips as Charles pressed more on them. She felt his tongue making its way inside her mouth. Nina felt the tequila still lingering on her. She wrapped her arms around his neck deepening their kiss.

"Oh, my God. He threw up!", they heard people coming. Nina jumped back startled.

Charles frowned and turned to the door. Two of his friends hurried inside looking for something to clean. They did not even see them standing in the middle of the kitchen. They grabbed some clothes from a drawer and left. Right away, he felt Nina clutching the hem of his shirt. She was staring at the door and looked nervous. He gave her a peck on the lips.

"Come", said Charles taking her hand and pulling her upstairs.

Once they were on the second floor, they started kissing again. They walked through the corridor like they were glued to each other. Nina guided him to her room. When the door shut closed, they parted; they were breathless. Nina gasped and Charles kissed her again.

They stood at the door kissing for a while until Nina's calves gave up. She had been on her tiptoes the whole time; her neck was a bit sore too. Charles was about twenty centimeters taller than her.

Charles noticed her struggle though, so he wrapped her waist, lifted her, and walked towards the bed.

"Charles...", she stammered pushing him gently. He looked at her, she seemed uneasy.

"It's ok", he caressed her cheek and kissed her one more time. Deep in her mind, she knew she had to stop, but she could not resist him.

"Nina, are you awake?", she listened to Lara knocking at the door.

Nina frowned. Her head was throbbing so badly! She tried to move but she couldn't. She slowly opened her sleepy eyes. She saw... A chest? Then she felt someone's breath on her forehead. She snapped at once and sat startled. It was Charles!

"Hm...", he frowned at her sudden move.

Did she... Did they? Nina's brain was working at full speed. She looked at herself and sighed relieved the moment she saw that both of them were almost fully dressed. Did they fall asleep while kissing?

"Nina?". It was Lara again. She saw Charles still sound asleep and jumped out of bed fighting her headache.

"Yes?", she slightly opened the door popping her head out.

"Let's have brunch. It's midday already".

"Oh, ok. I've just woken up".

"Don't worry, me too. Jacky is making pancakes, come downstairs when you're ready".

"I'll shower quickly". She saw Lara leaving and closed the door. She sighed and turned to the bed.

"Good morning", said Charles sitting on the bed with a smile on his face, his hair was a bit messy.

"Good morning", she stammered.

"What happens?". He knitted his eyebrows seeing that Nina avoided looking him in the eye. Nina scratched the back of her head. She was so embarrassed!

"Get... get out. I have to shower. Jacky's cooking". His eyes widened in surprise, he didn't expect that. "What are you doing? Get out!", she exclaimed hurrying him seeing he wasn't moving an inch. Nina took his arm, pulled him outside, and closed the door.