Chapter 32

"Thank you, mom. See you tomorrow". Nina got out of the car and shut the door close.

"Are you sure you don't need me to pick you up?", she asked again.

"Don't worry Mrs. Campbell. Ian will drive us home", said Lara.

"Ok", she nodded. "See you tomorrow". Nina's mother waved at them and left.

"I'm kinda sad because you're not coming with us", pouted Lara.

"You'd have done the same thing", said Ian laughing softly.

"I just said I'm sad, not that I don't agree with her".

"Well, have fun at the party. Tell me how was it on Monday, ok?", said Nina.

"Of course, I'll", exclaimed Lara. "You have to tell me everything too!"

"I will".

"Take care, I see your boyfriend over there", said Ian pointing at Charles' car.

"Oh, I gotta go. See you!". Nina ran to the car and got in.

"Hi, babe", greeted Charles kissing her.

"Hi", she replied with a bright smile. "The most handsome vampire I have ever seen". Nina stared at Charles in his vampire costume.

"Thank you", he pecked her lips. "What did you dress up of?", he asked since Nina was wearing her beige coat.

"Medieval Renaissance Woman".

"Mm... I don't see the long skirt".

"That's because there's no long skirt", she said with a mischievous smirk.

"You're doing it on purpose", said Charles sliding his hand under her clothes.

"Not at all", she laughed. "C'mon, let's get going", she kissed his cheek.

When they got to the party, there was a queue so they lined up and waited.

"How am I supposed to sneak in?", whispered Nina.

"Oh, Matt is the assistant of the professor in charge. He included you in the list", he explained.

"Do I look too young?", asked Nina fixing her hair nervously.

"Don't worry, freshmen are coming too", he squeezed her hand.

"Names?", asked a tall man at the entrance.

"Charles Wright and Nina Campbell", said he. The man checked the list and let them in.

"Oh my God!", Nina muted a scream when they were inside. Charles was chuckling beside her. "Is that a professor?"

"Of course not", he laughed.

They went to leave Nina's coat at the checkroom and then went to look out for Matt and the guys. They were supposed to be near the bar.

"I don't see them", frowned Charles.

"There they are!", exclaimed Nina and dragged him towards his friends. "Hi!"

"Guys! I was about to call you", said Matt.

"Me too", laughed Charles.

"Let's get something to drink", shouted Christian for them to hear over the music. They nodded and headed to the bar.

They got their drinks and went to sit on the first couch they found partially empty. After a while, they were on their third round already; once they finished it, the group made their way to the dance floor. At some point, Christian was taken by a dazzling blonde girl as they continued dancing, jumping, and screaming at the top of their lungs like there was no tomorrow.

"I have to go to the bathroom!", shouted Rebecca to her friends.

"I'm going with you", Nina shouted back. Rebecca nodded and taking her hand the two of them got to the girl's room after pushing and sorting around more people than they could count.

"God, my hair is a mess", frowned Rebecca looking at her reflection in the mirror. She had just gone out of the toilet.

"Hey, I thought you and Christian were together", said Nina washing her hands.

"What? No!", she exclaimed laughing. "He's my brother!"

"What?", exclaimed Nina this time. "I really thought... Sorry", she giggled.

"You're not the first one that thinks that though". She flashed a smile at her and started to put on more lipstick. "Do you want to put on some?". Rebecca offered the little golden tube.

"Ok", she patted her lips softly with it and returned it to Rebecca. "Thank you".

"I have wanted to ask you this for a while now...", said Rebecca slowly while fixing her hair.

"Ask me what?"

"How the heck did you make Charles go out with you? Don't get me wrong but... how?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know that he's the one-night stand type of man, right?". Nina was stunned for a moment. It stirred a new feeling inside her. What was it?

"Really?", she asked.

"You didn't know?", Nina shook her head. "Well... yeah. He would never be with the same girl twice either".

"I don't know. He was the one who asked me to date him". She was biting her lower lip in deep thought. Was it jealousy? She felt uncomfortable. "How many girls has he slept with?", Nina asked to herself in her mind.

On their way back, Rebecca met some classmates and joined them in a toss and stayed with them. Nina went to the couch where they were before dancing but Charles and Matt weren't there. Therefore, she walked over to the bar but didn't see them there either. There were too many people there to walk around a look for them. She took a seat at the bar counter and ordered a margarita. She was going to text Charles when she just received a text from him.

"Where are u?", he wrote.

"Almost at the end of the bar", replied Nina. Charles came over in less than three minutes.

"Hi, girl. Would you let me invite you for a drink?", said Charles as if they didn't know each other.

"What are you doing?", laughed Nina.

"Are you alone?", asked him when didn't see Rebecca around. He was leaning his back on the counter.

"Rebecca is with some classmates. And Matt?"

"He's dancing and very very drunk. So... Will you accept that drink?". He had a bright and seductive smile on.

"Ok, but I warn you that my boyfriend is around". She held her laugh.

"I'll take the risk". Charles winked an eye and Nina couldn't help it anymore and laughed softly.