Chapter 25

"Jacky says lunch is almost ready", said Charles reading a text.

"No, I want to sleep", frowned Nina while pouting.

"C'mon. If we don't go they'll think I locked you in the room", she chuckled.

"Did you not?", she smiled.

"I'll go shower first", Charles kissed her forehead and walked to the bathroom.

They all gathered for lunch on the terrace. It was sunny and hot so most of them were drinking beer or lemonade. Later, they spent some time bathing at the lake but they had to go soon so they spent just an hour on it before going to tie everything out.

Charles went back to Boston alone with Nina because everyone was going to Matt's house for one last party that weekend. They didn't have enough time to go to Matt's house and then to Nina's so Harry joined Matt and Jacky joined Henry.

"Stop in the corner", said Nina.

"Why? Your house is a block away".

"I don't want my mom to see me getting off your car. She thinks I was studying at Lara's house", she explained.

"What? Really?", he asked surprised. She nodded.

"She doesn't really like the whole boyfriend thing".

"I didn't expect this from you", he chuckled.

"Expect what?".

"Lie to your mother".

"I wanted to go with you", she shrugged.

"I'm not judging you, I have done the same more than once". He parked the card.

"See you tomorrow then", she smiled.

"Sure", They kissed over and over again.

"I really have to go", said Nina fifteen minutes later. "Have fun at the party!", she pecked him, got off the car, and ran to her house. Charles just left when he saw her getting inside.

The next day Charles had a horrible hangover. He wished to stay in bed but he had work. When he saw Nina behind the counter his mood improved considerably, though.

"Good morning babe", said Charles getting inside.

"Good morning", she smiled. "What's with you calling me babe?"

"I'll call you boo, then", she shook her head. "Angel", she shook her head again. "Then, cutie pie", he was already behind the counter as well and hugged her pecking her cheek.

"Oh my God, no! Stick with babe in that case", she chuckled.

"Yes, ma'am".

The day was the usual, with just a few customers. So they killed morning time doing the monthly inventory and called for Chinese food delivery at lunch.

"Come here and sit with me. Nobody comes at this hour anyway", said Charles to Nina who was leaning on the counter. She stared at him a minute and chuckled.

"I can't", said she taking a bite of her food.

"You can't seat?", she shook her head. "Why do you-", he didn't finish the question as the answer hit him in the face.

"Oh", he muted. "Sorry".

"Three rounds is a no-go", said Nina laughing and looking at him. "I got such a beast for a boyfriend". Charles looked away a bit embarrassed and laughed softly.

The evening passed in the blink of an eye. They would clean and restock some things and lean over the counter next to each other talking about whatever came to their minds. The couple was really into their lovey-dovey world.