[PROLOGUE]

(A/N: keep these in mind

-R6 Operators are not their Earth counterparts except Ash, Blitz, Tachanka, and Frost
-This will contain romance but won't be the main focus for the most part (around 60-70%)
-You don't have to have played both games to enjoy the story
-Will be canon-divergent)

Eliza "Ash" Cohen puts on her earpiece and looks down at the training grounds from a glass window a few stories high. She was shocked that Maylander had given her and her comrades of Team Rainbow such a huge facility in the middle of Columbia.

This base which had a size that rivaled the Pentagon was formally known as the "Maylander Security Training Facility" but more commonly known in Columbia as "Team Rainbow's Siege Games" as the training sessions were usually broadcasted across Columbia and sometimes Terra as a whole. It eventually got so popular that it even rivaled the Kazimierz Major in terms of blood sport popularity.

The current training grounds that Ash was watching from high above were reminiscent of Nighthaven Labs, she and the other members of Earth's Team Rainbow had exclusively directed the construction of each training facility such as Consulate, Chalet, Skyscraper, and Villa.

However, she wasn't watching alone

On her right was another Attacker Operator that she had a close bond with, Elias "Blitz" Kotz, and in the next room over were her Defender Operators, Tina Lin "Frost" Tsang and Alexsandr "Tachanka" Senaviev. Ash and Blitz were instructing the five Attackers whilst Tachanka and Frost were instructing the five Defenders.

"Use your drones to locate and defuse the bombs!" said Ash into her earpiece.

"Remember to hide your drones in hidden locations so your opponents don't destroy them!" Blitz followed up.

On the other side of the wall to the left, orders and tips were also being given out by the defensive experts.

"Secure the bombs, don't forget to use your gadgets!" Frost tapped in.

"Reinforce and barricade the sites, but make sure you have enough breathing room!" said Tachanka.

Not long after, gunfire and destruction were being rained down as both Attacker-side and Defender-side Operators fell one by one.

The drones found the bombs and successfully scanned three different Defender Operators while they were barricading and reinforcing the areas around the site.

5 vs 5

A reinforced wall was breached with a special exothermic breach charge, one Attacker Operator threw a flashbang and charged in with another, eliminating a Defender Operator who was attempting to erect a barrier with a throwing knife.

4 vs 5

Another Attacker grappled onto and kicked through a barricaded window to eliminate another Defender that was holding an electric shield, preparing to rush the previous two.

3 vs 5

After that, the Attacker that came in tried to run through a doorway to rendezvous with their allies, but they were eliminated after triggering an entry denial device.

3 vs 4

One of the Attackers that made it onto the site activated their scan and found two Defenders moving to them whilst their teammate planted the defuser. Alas, they were caught off-guard and were both eliminated. One of the Defenders went over to counter-defuse whilst the other one attempted to look for heartbeats on a monitor.

3 vs 2

The fourth Attacker broke through onto the site with a giant hammer with the fifth, quickly using their shotgun to eliminate the two Defenders.

1 vs 2

It was then the fourth Attacker was eliminated after being shot in the head by the last Defender Operator. The fifth Attacker attempted to shoot back, but the last Defender's armor pack mitigated most of the damage, forcing the last Attacker to take cover. The defuser was about to go off.

1 vs 1

The last Attacker placed a flashbang cluster on their cover, blinding and throwing the last Defender off balance on the other side; they then quickly shot them down, eliminating them.

0 vs 1. Attackers win the round, now are up 2-1.

This was the training that Maylander Security soldiers went through daily

Or to be more specific, this was the training that Team Rainbow used to groom their Operators into the perfect killers.