[1-1] Training Exercise

Jacob Roland was ready. Ex-Kazimierz knight, now Team Rainbow Operative. This was his first training session with the company as a Defender-side Operator. Jacob was a tall Kurantan man with short black hair and aqua-blue eyes. He didn't have any sort of facial hair and he needed glasses but always wore contact lenses as he didn't like the feel of them.

When he first met Ash, he thought she was an eccentric but strict and coldhearted person which caused him to be fearful and wary of what he thought he was getting into. What's even more, was that when joining, he was given the option to choose a gun. Yes, a gun that Maylander somehow imported straight from Laterano. He didn't know how the Columbians got their hands on firearms and he was too afraid to ask.

When he was recruited by Team Rainbow, he chose a light machine gun that was named the "ALDA 5.56", and a revolver called the "Keratos .357". Afterwards, his superior, Ash, interviewed him on his specialties and strong points; the interview was fairly calm as Jacob was able to answer fine and directly without needing to think most of the time.

It was then Ash gave him something, he had never seen it before, but it was strangely familiar to him; like it was something that he's had for a long time.

Ash told Jacob it was a special kind of security camera. One that could fire bullets. Jacob's eyes widened at the former's explanation, completely baffled at the technology that was in his hands... and yet it felt perfect for him. Ash explained that it was called the "Evil Eye", a bullet-proof camera-turret that could be placed down to assist your team. Jacob immediately accepted his gadget without thinking twice, Ash smiled at his decision like she already knew the answer.

"With this, you are going to be a Defensive specialist Operator for Team Rainbow," Ash explained.

"Defensive specialist?"

"It means you specialize in protecting and fortifying areas that are under attack by the enemy, of course, you will still go on the offensive sometimes in the real world, but this will be your area of expertise."

Jacob understood his superior's explanation and had no protest to it at all, the one who's been doing this for years knows best after all.

"Now, you're going to need a codename, what'll it be," said Ash, picking up a document and handing it to the Pegasus.

Jacob thought for a bit, this was the codename he would be using for the entirety of his time here in Columbia after all. Then, the idea just popped into his head.

"...Maestro."

The corners of Ash's mouth rose a bit after hearing that, she felt oddly but rightfully nostalgic.

-------

A few days before having his interview with Ash, Jacob was brought to Columbia via a letter. When he arrived, he met others that had gotten the same letter as him. In that room were a large muscular Sargonian, a female Bolivarian with a crossbow, a Higashian woman with a hood on, and two Victorians, a man with a giant hammer and a woman with a mask that had an "X" on it over his face. It was there, Ash gave them a rundown of their job and that there were already more like them.

Operators. Counter-terroristic soldiers under Maylander security that would be contracted by nations or organizations across Terra to hunt down the forces of evil. The people there knew what was in store for them, and that they would fight or die trying.

------

After the interview concluded, Ash brought Jacob to the rest of the Operators that were with him in the conference room just a few days ago inside a locker room. But something was different, all of them were wearing heavily armored suits and had various guns strapped to them, as soon as Jacob arrived, they all looked at him and smiled. It was nice to make a good first impression, after all, they would be your co-workers for who knows how long. The young Pegasus soon followed suit and changed into a more fitting uniform with his ALDA strapped to his back.