[1-3] Operation: Stark Extraction Part 2

"Our bullets aren't getting through, fuck!" Mute screamed, "It's taking me an entire mag to kill these Defenders!"

Hibana's team found themselves in a dire situation, trapped and cut off from the back room where the hostages were believed to be held. Their adversaries had either met their end or fled, leaving behind only the formidable foes equipped with impenetrable bulletproof gear. Forced to retreat, Team Hibana regrouped in the heart of the building, seeking shelter behind towering pillars and utilizing miniature warehouse vehicles as makeshift cover. The route to the back room was now heavily fortified by a daunting line of newly arrived terrorists, their shields raised, crossbows drawn, and bodies clad in impenetrable vests. The odds were stacked against them, but Hibana and her team were determined to navigate this perilous situation and rescue the hostages at any cost.

Thankfully, they had received news that Operators Kimiko "Azami" Azusagawa and Antoine "Montagne" Lambert were being sent via helicopter to assist them and Team Maestro. The only problem was they were never given an ETA for how long it would take.

Oryx knew they had to do something or they would die. The Operator slowly peeked from behind a forklift to assess their situation but not before almost having his eye impaled by an arrow.

"I have a plan!" Oryx grinned.

"Youssef! Don't do anything fucking stupid!" Mute shouted from beside him. The small Victorian Operator peeked their head from the other side of the forklift to see the terrorists slowly marching towards them.

"Hibana, give me your grenades!"

"Huh?!" Hibana replied, stunned, "Well, alright?"

Hibana handed Oryx four frag grenades, the pin of each dangling, waiting to be pulled so they could explode. Oryx nodded and held two in each hand, "Never underestimate an Acahuallan's durability!"

Suddenly, Mute and Hibana realized what Oryx was about to do, "Hey...Hey! No! You idiot, you will die!" Mute protested.

The sounds of Mute's desperate voice went inside one ear and exited the other. Oryx smiled in satisfaction before turning his head to his squad, "Aren't you guys forgetting my Arts?"

"Operator Oryx, do not go on a suicide quest, that is an order!" Ash commanded over the earpiece.

"Relax, Ash! I'll be fine!"

"Not even your Arts will protect you from an explosion like tha-!" Before Hibana could finish, the last thing she saw was the giant Archosaurian rushing in and pulling the pins of all four grenades simultaneously and letting the spoons fly off, "Oryx! Kono baka yaro!"

Hibana stood up and began to fire her Type-89F Assault Rifle before gesturing for Mute to follow up with her.

"Oryx, you will die! And Jacob will never forgive me if you do!" Hibana screamed once more.

Once again, the Sargonian didn't listen. His muscle-brain got the best of him as he made a cross with his arms and charged into the Defenders' shields. The terrorists were severely caught off guard by his advance so they didn't have enough time to prepare or process what was about to happen to them. Then, all grenades simultaneously exploded.