Chapter five

After the interview every single media outlet wanted to hear from you, get a statement and interview or something, just something to corroborate Taylor's story. The response to the interview had been great, the swifties were defending Tyalor of the few haters that came out and were even defending you too. Many people texted and called you wanting to know what had happened and why you never said anything.

Miranda talked to Tree to figure out how to keep handling this situation and decided that it would be best if you did an interview. Luckily since you had just won an Oscar Miranda figured that would be the best excuse to have an interview. She made a list of all the possible candidates for the interview and you decided to do it with Jimmy Fallon. You had known Jimmy for years and knew he was always very respectful and had a great way to make celebrities talk without making it awkward or making them feel invaded. Miranda settled everything and now you are flying to New York once again to appear on the Tonight Show on friday. It was currently Thursday.

Your mother flew back to Seattle that morning to go back home with your dad. Taylor called you Monday night to see how you were doing, to make sure you were okay. You told her you were alright and happy that she had finally come out. You lied. You were not okay, even though what Taylor said was beautiful and all she said was the truth you still felt sad. It was really sad to remember the relationship you guys had. You also told her about your Jimmy Fallon interview but she already knew, Tree had told her before. She wished you luck and you hung up.

You landed in New York and went straight to bed, you were too tired to do anything else. The next day you ordered some room service for breakfast and ate it alone in your room watching a movie on the t.v. with the beautiful New York City skyline on the window next to you. After lunch you went down to the lobby and waited for a car to take you to the studio to get ready for the show. Once you got to the studio you greeted a producer who guided you towards a small room where you could get ready. Without wasting anymore time your team began doing your makeup and hair. Just as they finished Jimmy came to say hi. He ran over the questions he was gonna ask you and you approved them all. After he was done you got in a navy blue dress and white heels. You recorded some things for the social media accounts and took some pictures to promote the show.

Before you realized the show had begun and you were waiting just behind the stage door ready for your interview to begin. Jimmy gave his opening monologue and soon after that he introduced you. You heard the audience cheer and the doors opened revealing the studio. You walked towards the desk where Jimmy was, he gave you a big hug and then you sat down on the couch next to his desk. A couch you had sat on so many times before.

Jimmy greeted you very kindly and made a few questions to kinda break the ice a little. "So congratulations on your second Academy Award." he said, clapping and signaling the audience to do it as well. "How does it feel? To add another award to your collection?"

"Well thanks Jimmy, and I don't know it all feels a little bit surreal you know? It's weird. I don't know how to describe it. I'm just happy to be here and to still get jobs and it feels nice to be recognized for my work." you answer him.

"Well you deserve all of it." he says smiling.

He asked you more questions about your upcoming projects about the Academy Awards ceremony and the after parties until finally it was time to talk about Taylor.

"So I'm sure you've seen the most recent interview Taylor Swift did, in which she said some pretty shocking things," he began, sounding a little bit more serious but still making you feel safe and comfortable. You just nodded your head. "Would you agree with the things Taylor said?" he asked.

You took a deep breath before answering. "Yeah I mean I think she did a very good job at explaining what happened between us. We had a beautiful relationship, a relationship I still cherish to this day and yeah Taylor has been the purest relationship I've ever had as well. I loved her so so much but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I still have so much love and respect for what she has done with her life and career." you answer truthfully.