Lava Lake (Tango + Bdubs)

This is platonic for you gang. I guess you could read it romantically but it's meant platonically

Warnings: self doubt? Not really, maybe a little

————

It was a bad day. Decked Out seemed impossible at this point. And with many brain farts the blonde had decided to take a break. Whether it was for the greater good or just because he felt like it, he didn't know. But it was pretty clear it was for the greater good.

The blazeborn found himself in the nether, walking around the wonderful hub. Who had made it again? Tango couldn't remember. Maybe it was him. Or some of the amazing builders. He genuinely had no clue, his brain was such a mess of Decked out and other problems. He found himself thinking of just them. All his problems.

Joe was helping with all the snow placing for the outside but that was a huge favour. He would need to give that back to him. And all the other Hermits that helped out.

Without much thought, the hybrid found himself in front of a lava lake. He didn't know how or when he had gotten out of the nether hub but he felt at ease looking at the vibrant lake. He took a step into the burning liquid. It felt soothing. For a normal human they'd be screaming in pain. But for a blaze hybrid, it was like water.

He felt calmer as he submerged more and more of himself in the thick liquid. Before a familiar voice called out to him.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing!" Tango said, only getting a mouthful of lava. He turned around to find Bdubs snickering at him. He wouldn't be able to taste for weeks now, great. He may be fireproof in the outside but not the inside.

"Have you got fire resistance? Or are you trying to die?" Bdubs questioned. Tango merely stared at him. Before lava clustered around him and he was lifted into the air. Bdubs eyes widened more than they already were as the blonde towered over him.

Tango smirked. "What's up shorty?"

There was a beat of silence right as Bdubs eyebrows furrowed.

"I'M NOT SHORT!" Bdubs yelled, taking a step back as lava dripped from the dress like magma around Tango. That was another plus of being a blazeborn. He was invincible to the nether. The two laughed as Tango swirled around in the pool of heat.

"How are you doing that!" Bdubs chuckled, taking off his moss hoodie in the hot nether.

"I-I don't know! I've never done this before!" Tango chuckled. It was like riding a wave. But it wasn't cold and uncomfortable. That might be a con to the blazeborn life. The hatred of water.

"Yeah frickin' right! You're just doing flips and tricks like you've never done them before"

"I'm serious! I'm doing nothing but riding along!" Tango chuckled.

He was equally as confused as Bdubs. Tango had truly never spent his life in the nether. He knew he came from the nether, but he had always lived in the overworld. Maybe the dimension drew him in? Wanted him there?

Tango would never get the answer to that as the lava surrounding him threw him to the side. The blaze landed quite swiftly next to an awfully confused Bdubs.

The magma-like liquid made a sort of wave looking shape. Like a tsunami ready to engulf them. And even as their eyes widened, the foul liquid seemed to smile at them. The head of the wave turned and twisted before it sank back into the lava lake.

. . .

"What were you doing out here in the first place?"

"Honestly, I don't remember!" His problems are measly and stupid. The work is fun! And now he could probably spend the rest of his day hanging with Bdubs.

————

WC (above the line) : 640

This duo is very fun to write. It's almost like a brother relationship.