Chapter 1

A/N -  *** Hello dearies***

As you must've already read in the intro, this is my first story ever. It has been an exciting journey and I am really happy to publish it on this platform.

English isn't my first language. Well, in fact I don't think I have a first language at all. I can communicate in three and understand many others to a considerable extend. Also, I don't think its fair to rank them, because for me all languages are equally important and deserve the same respected.

And hasn't someone said that language is a just a way of communication...  :-)

So, please be considerate towards my writing. 

----- Your every precious vote is an encouragement----

Enjoy reading!!! 

Cold breeze blew past her sending shivers down her body. Phenomenally twinkling stars blanketed the huge black canvas, neighbouring a crescent moon that shone brightly in the night sky. An interestingly familiar medley of fragrances calmed her soul at once. One of the fragrances has to be Lilies, she thought. She had almost tuned herself into a meditative mode, when a low whisper interrupted her. Looking around in search of the voice, she realised she was standing in the middle of a courtyard and a very familiar mid-sized bungalow stood in front of her; a small porch in the front; slopes on the roof carved in wood; red roses, white lilies and daisies bordered the pavement all the way from the gate up to the porch, and a little girl whose back faced her, played with her doll in the garden.

Where am I? No matter how adorable the little girl in the garden seemed, it was still hell creepy. She needed answers, but before she could get some from the little girl, a sweet female voice called from inside the house, "Phuchkuu... It's time for bed".

'PHUCHKUU'... the name echoed in her heart and a tornado of emotions erupted from within her. She had heard it somewhere, but where? Her memories were as though destroyed by a deadly virus. Curiosity took over her and before she knew, her body as though set on an auto-mode, followed the voice in search of her lost memories.

The door to the house was ajar, making it seemingly odd at that hour of the night. She was in a dilemma of whether it was wise to follow her instincts. She sighed; she wasn't Miss Holmes, but 'to mind her own business', became utterly impossible with each passing second. 'Go hell with it', she murmured, as she stealthily opened the door and welcomed herself in the little girl's house; if that even was her house in the first place. To her surprise, the living room was brightly lit with strings of little sparkling lights, hung on almost every wall of the room making it lively, except there was no soul in there except her. A colourful banner that read 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY', dangled on the wall towards her left, adjoining the door. Upon hearing voices from far inside the house, when she turned around in its direction, everything around her went dark and silent at once.

GOSHHH!! At first, she thought she had fainted, so she pinched her arm and "Ouch", she screeched. The sudden darkness startled her to an extent that she literally forgot to breathe. Her otherwise ordinary brain suddenly seemed to function ten folds and was now on a different track altogether; a paranormal track. Fear engulfed her taking away her rational sense of thinking. But hello!! That wasn't a rational situation to begin with. Her eyes fluttered vigorously to get accustomed to the darkness and a while after, could faintly see things around her.

Eerie silence filled the room and all she could hear was her own heart, that beat like a drum-roll. Her brain wanted her to run away as far as possible from that creepy place, but her body opposed the idea dragging itself deep inside the house shutting her brain up. Strangely, she knew the house like the back of her hand, which helped her stroll the rooms with ease, even in the darkness.

Everything that happened so far, the house, the girl, the female voice, the sudden darkness and she strolling a stranger's house like a public garden, sent creeps down her spine and a random possibility of being possessed, crossed her mind. It was too much of a pressure for her little brain to handle and that's why it passed it on to her bladder maybe, because if she didn't have found a bathroom in time, she would've peed in her pants. With that thought, she casually opened a door to her right and surprisingly, it turned out to be a bathroom.

Relieved, she entered in, locking the door from inside, just to be safer. Half-way on emptying the bladder when she had just started to feel a little relaxed, a sudden knock on the door made her jump off the toilet seat and her heart beat in her throat. "W-Who is it?" she asked in a shuddered voice but was met with silence. A minute passed as she waited to hear more reactions from outside, but there were none. With a sigh, she continued peeing when someone knocked again, louder than before. The thumping became deafening, making her abort her mission and zip up her pants. She was angry because she couldn't pee in peace and terrified, as the unknown threat lingered past the damn door.

The situation reminded her of a tattletale her cousin Pari told her in their childhood. Pari, who believed in any hearsay that came her way, once told her if one responds to a doorbell before it rang thrice, a witch would abduct you and eat you alive. Whether it also applied on knocking the door, was yet to be discovered. Moreover, this 'who-so-ever' had knocked more than a hundred times already, proving the 'witch theory' void. No matter who stood out there, she knew there was no escape from that situation.

But the mere idea of getting killed in the hands of a random freak made her feel sick to stomach. Though not an honourable death, a painless one was the least she hoped for. With that hope, she frantically began searching for something or anything that could be used as a weapon. But nothing, absolutely nothing useful caught her sight. And what exactly was she expecting in a bathroom except a bucket, a mug, soap and jet spray? Only a maniac would place cutlery in there.

She sighed in defeat and the smoke that emerged out of nowhere, began enveloping her in that little room, making her nose wrinkle. It was too thick to see even her own hands. Her eyes watered; the smoke now entered her lungs, making her suffocate. A moment after, she found herself lying on the floor, choked. It felt as if two larger than normal hands were strangling her throat, making it unbearably painful.

Why is this happening to me? How the hell did I end up in this house at all? What have I done to die such ugly death? She couldn't even cry out; her voice was stuck in her throat. The knocking had stopped and silence spread across the room. Tears flowed down her cheeks, as she soaked in sweat, completely drained of energy. But just when she was about to pass out, the door snapped open and a pair of brown shoes stood in front of her.

"DIE!!You were meant to DIE...", said a rough male voicethat scared the shit out of her, and everything around her blurred out.