8.

She left her heels at my house, she think she cinderella

She braid my hair, rub my back and roll my cigarillo

And she don't know about that pain so I can't never fail her

I let that codeine sit in rain until I hit that pillow

-Cinderella X Don Toliver-

...

Casimir.

After being home for a couple of hours, for the life of me, I couldn't sleep

After being home for a couple of hours, for the life of me, I couldn't sleep. Jade was knocked out the whole night but me, I was up watching old videos of Michael Jackson. I've always wondered that if I went the music route how different my life would be. Would I have sold out tours and made platinum albums like Michael did? I guess we'll never know.

It started raining heavy outside so I decided to watch the rain drops and smoke a blunt on the balcony. My mind was deep in thought and has been since I came home. Am I really falling this deep for a girl I just met? Me falling fast for Bleu was a major contributor towards our downfall. I wouldn't want the same with me and Jade.

"You're up too?"

I turned away from the view and saw Jade standing behind me in one of my old T-shirts. Her once neat bun was replaced with her usual curly mane. She looked like she's been up for hours, not just getting out of bed.

"I haven't been sleep." I said, my eyes glued to hers.

She gave me a small smile and sat next to me. The smell of her familiar warm vanilla scent sent chills down my spine as I took pulls of the blunt. My mind wandered off to Bleu and how we would have moments just like this one. We could chill in silence and still be in our bliss because we had each other. At least, thats how I felt.

"Sorry if I annoyed you last night." Jade said immediately gaining my attention. "I don't usually get drunk like that."

I chuckled. "You weren't annoying me. I just wanted to make sure you were straight."

Jade smiled and nodded. "Thank you."

"No problem."

The rain hitting the pavement and the loud sounds of Atlanta was the only thing we heard sitting on that balcony. We just sat there focused on the rain's rhythmic patterns. When I was done with my blunt, I threw it over the balcony and stood up. Jade's phone began to ring as she followed me back into the apartment.

"Hello?" She said.

I walked into the kitchen to grab some water and give her some privacy. Unlocking my phone, I noticed two missed calls from an unknown number. I sighed and decided to put that number into cash app. To my un amusement, the number was registered to Bleu's cash app. I shook my head and scrolled through instagram stories.