Chapter 7: Meeting Again

After watching the sun rise, I walk back upstairs and cuddle with Finnick.

He stirs a little bit. "Good morning Finny." I kiss his nose.

"Finny?" I giggle. "Yes. Finny."

"Okay then I will call you Kat." I scowl at him.

"Kat, let's go on a walk." He kisses me.

I look at the clock. "It's 7:30, Finny."

He kisses my nose. "We can go to the bakery and get something."

The bakery. Where Peeta works. Wonderful idea Finnick.

"Yeah. Let's go." I smile a little.

*

We push the door open to the Mellark Bakery. Finnick's arm is protectively around my waist.

We walk to the counter looking at all the food they have. The designs on the cakes are amazing. I know Peeta did that. I smile to myself, remembering when he gave me a cookie.

"Katniss?" I look to see Peeta.

"Hi." I see his cheeks get red.

"I-I made y-you this." He hands me a brown paper bag.

I open it to see a cookie. I pull it out and look at the design. It's a dandelion.

"Peeta, did you make this?" He looks at me.

"Yeah I did." I can feel my face heat up.

We're nine years old and he knows how to do this? I'm just learning how to shoot squirrels with my bow an arrow.

"Thank you." I kiss his cheek and run off.

Looking back I see his hand on the spot where I kissed him. His smiling like a fool. Cheeks as red as a tomato.

Smiling I ran home faster to tell my father. But I was never able to tell him.

"One minute!" That snaps me out of my flashback. I know that's Peeta who yelled that. I smile slightly.

"Hi, welcome to the Mellark Bakery. How may I help you?" Peeta looks up and sees me and Finnick.

"Nice seeing you guys again." Peeta smiles at me and Finnick.

"You too." Finnick smiles at Peeta. "I didn't know you worked here." Finnick says.

Finnick and Peeta then get into a conversation about the bakery.

"Peet, we need-Katniss? Katniss Everdeen?" I turn to see Rye, one of Peeta's older brothers. He has two.

"I haven't see you in forever!" He comes around and hugs me.

I look at Finnick and see jealousy. I giggle. "Nice seeing you too, Rye."

I walk towards Finnick. "This is my boyfriend, Finnick Odair." I kiss his cheek.

"Pleasure to meet you." He shakes his hand. Rye smiles.

I look to see Peeta staring at me. His blue eyes looking into my grey ones. He smiles slightly and walks toward me.

"Here." He hands me a brown paper bag.

"What's this?" I take the bag and look at him.

"Just being polite." He winks at me and I blush. Blush? Why and I blushing? I have a boyfriend.

"Thank you." I smile and grab Finnick's hand.

"Nice seeing you two again." I wave to Rye and Peeta. Then we leave the bakery.

Heading home, Finnick tells me he has to run an errand. He kisses me.

"I'll see you soon." I smile and walk home.

Opening the bag I pull out two cheese buns, my favorite, and a cookie. With a dandelion on it. I smile.

Oh Peeta.