Chapter 25: Time

Peeta's POV

It's been twenty minutes since Katniss has left, I'm starting to worry. It doesn't take that long to walk to the bakery and come back.

Calm down. Maybe it's busy? The bakery is always busy. Should I go check? No, she would be mad If I did that.

I look at the clock.

10:28

Come on, Katniss. I want her to be in my safe arms. I cover my face with my hands.

She will come back. I know it.

So I lay on the couch, my eyes starting to close. I then fall into a deep sleep.

*

"Katniss!" I jump up off the couch, and look at the clock.

12:57

I stand up and walk back and forth, which is making this situation a lot more stressful.

I pick up the phone and call the first people that come to mind.

Johanna and Gale.

It rings three times before I hear Johanna's voice. "Hello?"

"Johanna." I gasp.

"Woah. Peeta? What's wrong?" I feel my eyes start to water up.

"Katniss went d-down to the bakery. S-she never came back. She left a-around 10:00." My voice cracks.

I wait for an answer, but none comes. "I-Is she with y-you?"

"No." Johanna mumbles.

"I can't lose her!" I scream into the phone, putting it back in its place holder.

I run my hands through my hair and sigh. Who else?

Finnick.

He doesn't answer the first time, but calls me right back. "Katniss?"

"No." I whisper, knowing she's not with him either.

"Peeta? What's wrong?"

I feel a silent tear fall, so I tell him what happened. Trying not to cry to much. "I'm on my way." Finnick says, hanging up.

I sigh and hear a knock on the door. I get up and open it. Johanna's arms wrap around my neck. Her baby bump pressing against my stomach.

One day I hope to start a family with Katniss.

But first I need to find her, know she is safe.

"I'm so sorry, Peeta." She whispers. I look up and see Gale.

He puts a hand on my shoulder. "We will find her." I sigh.

"I hope so." I whisper.

*

Finnick showed up on Friday, maybe ten minutes after Johanna. I wonder what day it is?

I turn towards Johanna, her eyes brighten up. "What day is it?" She looks down.

"Monday." She whispers.

I sigh. I haven't ate anything since Friday. I can't think of anything else besides Katniss. I just want her with me.

Tears stream down my face. I see Johanna get up and walk towards me, rubbing my back. "We will find her." she whispers.

Soon after Finnick arrived in Friday, we went straight to the police station, telling them everything that happened. They sent out a search party for her, even put up a few signs for her.

But all they said we need to do is wait.

Katniss is my whole world. If shes gone, I don't have a world. I'm lifeless. I need her.

I hear someone walking down the stairs, I look up and see Finnick.

"I'm not going to sit here and wait, I will go find her alone if I have too. Are you in?"

I nod my head. "Guns." Is all I say, before I run towards the closet, pulling out two guns. I throw one to Finnick.

"Gale. Johanna. Stay here. Listen to the phones, if you hear any word about Katniss call us." Finnick says, they both nod.

"Let's go." Finnick says, patting my back. "We will find her. Have hope."

Hope.

I smile, for the first time in days. "Hope." I whisper.

We look towards the door, walking towards it. But it swings open, with two worried faces.

Prim and Mrs. Everdeen.