Double Date?

The knock on the door at 10:45am tells me Em's here and I run downstairs but Dad's already opened the door and is currently in the middle of what appears to be a very long winded conversation, as I get closer, I realise the conversation is about George.

"Yeah he cares about her a lot" Em emphasises as I step off the bottom step, causing both of them to turn and look at me.

Dad smiles "oh I can see that".

He walks over and puts his arm around my shoulder squeezing me in a side hug.

"Ready?" Em asks rocking back and form on her toes, her face beaming with excitement.

"Almost" I answer. I still have to dig out my favourite scarf and put on the bracelet George gave me.

"Right well I'll leave you girls too it, let us know before you leave won't you?"

I nod and squeeze Dad back before running back up the stairs closely followed by Em.

Em throws herself onto my bed, her face still the picture of an excited child on Christmas. I go over to my draws and start routing through them for the scarf, when I look up for a moment I see she's staring at the ceiling smiling.

"Wow you're more excited for this than I am".

"I know" she says casually.

I laugh as she continues.

"I've not seen you two together since you've been together but you're both so damn cute around each other".

I grin as I finally find the scarf and pull it from the layers of clothes around it.

"You sure you're not excited to see Josh?" I tease.

"Well... there may be that too" she blushes but doesn't seem to care much.

Right at that minute there's a knock on the door. I check my phone, 10:53, he's really making a habit of being early.

"Come on" I say, grabbing the bracelet from my dressing table, throwing the scarf around my neck and pulling my bag off the back of the door.

"Hello you" I say opening the door to George and being greeted by a warm hug.

Em quickly shouts hi to George before running past us both and joining Josh in the back seat of George's Mercedes. Our heads both turn and then we laugh in sync.

"Oh yeah I told Josh to sit in the back so you could sit up front with me" he grins clutching my hand before my Dad comes hurrying into the hall.