A Dream Come True?

Everything finally came into focus and the spotlight had reached me, everyone was staring at me but I didn’t know what to do or how to react.

A steward had made his way to me and was now stood in the isle by our row looking down at me past the people next to me.

Em pushed me in the direction of the steward who was now waving his arm towards me.

“GO!” she shouted and I obeyed and made my way politely past the people in our row, until I reached the isle.

The steward put his hand around my back and guided me to the back of our seating section, around the seats and back down the other side towards the stage. As we got closer to the stage again I saw a door to the right of the stage which I guessed led backstage. There was another steward stood in front of the door who looked me up and down before looking to the steward who had guided me this far.

“Nick” he said whilst nodding at the man stood to my left, obviously as some sort of greeting.

“John” Nick replied as John opened the door for us. He didn’t look like much of a John, in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if Nick had been John and John Nick.

I side stepped past John, following Nick into a dark space which confirmed to me that I was backstage. I really had no idea what was going on, the last I knew George had forgotten he’d ever met me before, now he was taking me up on stage in front of thousands of people; was this his way of messing with me? Or was he trying to make up for all the lost time, the unanswered texts and the two years of silence?

I could hear that the screaming in the theatre had died down and my guess was that the boys had left the stage. Behind us the door opened again and 3 more excited girls came through, ahead of us I could hear the band members chatting away, their voices getting louder as they got closer. They were coming from behind the stage, we were coming from the side and as they turned the corner I saw his eyes glisten and a smile beam across his face, he was ahead of the other boys, and slightly away from them. I could feel the tears falling from my eyes once again: I’d become an emotional wreck. We both stopped, time was moving around us but our gazes were intertwined, everything else was moving in slow motion.

Finally I couldn’t take it anymore, I was tired of waiting, I was done with hoping he still remembered me, hoping he still cared because all the answers were stood right in front of me staring straight at me, of course he remembered me, of course he cared, otherwise he wouldn’t be stood here in this moment with me, or more likely, I wouldn’t be.