12 The Breakdown

Ivyanah

As we walked through the door and into the room on the first floor, I was struck by the grandeur of the space. The ceiling soared high above us, seeming to reach for the sky, and the wooden furnishings added a warm, inviting feel to the room. The architectural style was a perfect example of Victorian design, with intricate details and ornate decorations that spoke of 1900s British.

Every detail seemed carefully crafted, from the intricate carvings on the furniture to the delicate patterns in the wallpaper.

There was a large cupboard behind the desk, which was likely used for storing important documents and other items. The woodwork on the cupboard was intricate and detailed, with swirls and patterns that complemented the rest of the room's Victorian aesthetic. Even the chairs were from another time with ornate carvings and vintage style.

The walls were completely covered in stacks of books, which reached all the way up to the high ceiling.

As Shivesh's mother approached the table, she walked over to a drawer and retrieved a small key. She moved towards the nearby cupboard and carefully retrieved several boxes from inside and began to sift through their contents.

Suddenly, She pulled out a small piece of paper from one of the boxes and extended the paper to me.

"Look at this, if you still feel I am lying, Shivesh will drop you home safely."

I looked at Shivesh and hesitantly took the paper.

As I looked at the piece of paper, I realized that it was actually a photograph.

I saw my own parents standing next to an uncle whom I couldn't quite place. They all looked happy and relaxed, with bright smiles on their faces. It appeared as though the photo had been taken in a garden, with lush greenery in the background.

Shivesh pointed out, "There is my father!"

The woman then handed me several more, and as I flipped through them, I realized that my parents were in every single one of them. In each image, they were surrounded by different groups of people- either at a party or outside in a garden.

Tears began to well up in my eyes. The sight of my parents, frozen in time and smiling back at me from the photographs, was both beautiful and heartbreaking.

I felt overwhelmed and was unable to contain my feelings any longer. Before I knew it, I was crying uncontrollably. Shivesh tried to comfort me, but my grief was too intense to allow me to listen.

Through my sobs, I heard a gentle voice speaking to me, "Oh dear, you will be okay."

"Please leave me" was all I said.

"Please just go," I said, crying even harder.

I took the photographs and retreated to a corner of the room. I leaned my back against the cool wall and held the pictures tightly in my hands, feeling a strange mix of emotions.

As I sat there, I heard Shivesh speak to me. "I am right outside," he said softly. "If you need something, just call me."

I glanced at him before he left the room.

I always wanted to know about my parents but when their reality is in front of me, I am afraid to face it. I was not ready for this. Seeing them smiling at me makes me think of what their life would be like for searching for the unknown. Did they not think of me when they joined the so-called war?

For years, I had longed to know more about my parents, to understand who they were, what they liked, what their lives might have been like, and what dreams and aspirations they might have had.

But at that moment all I could do was stare at those photographs that were so full of life and love. I could see my parent's personalities shining through in the pictures - my father's goofy smile, and my mother's warm and loving gaze. I wanted to experience life with them but now, it's not possible. They are gone and I am here alone trying to figure out what to do and what to make of this revelation. What about the family who just introduced me to my parents, I know nothing of them, what they do and this whole clan thing.

My head was spinning from the night's events and before I knew it, I passed out.

Hey guys! I hope this chapter is not too heavy. Please do vote and your suggestions are always welcomed.