14 Breakfast in Bed

Ivyanah

I woke up in a magnificent room. As I slowly opened my eyes, I found myself lying in an enormous bed adorned with silky-smooth bedsheets. Gazing upward, I was awestruck by the dazzling chandelier that hung from the ceiling, its crystal capturing the sunlight and scattering brilliant rays of light across the space.  The curtains were draped around the window and it was evident that it is already afternoon.

I couldn't remember how I ended up in this bed. Last I know I was lying on the floor of the office.

As I sat up, my head started burning probably due to last night's incident. I stepped towards the balcony and peeped out. Before me stretched a vast and manicured garden and my gaze fell upon the guards stationed throughout the garden.

Suddenly I heard the sound of the door creaking open.

Turning my gaze toward the entrance, I saw Shivesh, entering the room with a tray of food in his hands.

He spoke gently, "How are you feeling?"

"I am fine," although the throbbing in my head and the lingering sense of disorientation contradicted my words. There are still many questions whose answers are unknown.

Shivesh nodded in my direction and gestured toward a table set at the other end of the room.

Eager to gather my thoughts and sate my hunger, I followed Shivesh's lead and made my way toward the table.

Shivesh placed the tray he carried in front of me, revealing a perfectly prepared dosa, accompanied with sambhar and a glass of orange juice.

It was as if Shivesh knew my tastes and had anticipated my every desire.

I cast a grateful smile in Shivesh's direction, and with hunger gnawing at my stomach, I eagerly picked up a piece of dosa. It was a dish I had grown up enjoying.

I even asked Shivesh to join me but he simply replied to me, "I am better seated here watching you."

I was confused by what he just uttered but soon shrugged off the thought and was now concentrating on my food.

After finishing it, I looked at Shivesh and said, "Thank you for saving me yesterday." I threw a grateful glance at him and then said, "And I want to go home now."

I was really hoping that he won't ask any further questions about last night. I don't want to face any of it now. I longed for the comfort of my own space, the solace of a familiar environment.

Thankfully he just nodded and we left the room.

We walked down the enormous stairs and joined Shivesh's mother and Arjun bhai.

"She is leaving" Shivesh announced.

They all nodded but Arjun bhai spoke, "You need to stay alert Ivyanah. If you feel uncomfortable or being watched just call us. Though we have decided that one of us will stay with you for the night time keeping a watch for any further threat."

I looked at Shivesh but it was his mother who spoke, "It's for your safety, dear."

I simply nodded. We were at the gate when she said.

"And one more thing, you can talk to me whenever you feel like it."

I looked at her and then resumed my walking.