17 The Lead

Shivesh

"We need to leave for Naldera," I announced to Arjun bhai and Rajat Uncle.

"Yes," Arjun bhai continued, "If Shekhar is correct, Amara would be searching for the sword there."

I didn't give Shekhar an easy death, he was still rotting in that dungeon. We were now on our way to the mansion.

"I will contact our best people in Shimla and they will assist you in everything," Rajat Uncle said.

I nodded.

"I will stay here if Amara thinks of any future intervention. And one more thing Shivesh," he said turning his gaze at me, "What about Ivyanah? Will she be ready to stay in our house for a while, until things are settled?"

I had no answer. As much as I want her to be safe, it's going to be her choice. Whether she chooses to stay here with my mother or at her house, I'll appoint guards for her.

"I'll talk to her."

I entered the mansion and told Maa about my plans. She was reluctant at first for such short notice but gave that thought away.

I was preparing for my trip now. Packing essential supplies, and double-checking maps and provisions, I made sure that nothing was left to chance. I made a mental note to check Papa's library for any kind of entries or hints about Naldera.

Meanwhile, Uncle was ensuring we get leads on Amara and where the mountain can be. 

In just two days' time, Arjun and I would embark on our journey to Shimla. Though we didn't require major weapons to carry.

Our power was our weapon.

I turned my attention towards my now open palm. A dark purple light arose from my hand,  flickering and dancing like a flame.

As a child, I was always playing and experimenting with my vicinities. Though my power lies in air and space, I enjoyed air the most. I played with wind speeds and used to fly objects from one end to another.

But now,  I closed my fist, focusing my attention on the task at hand. After the locket, I don't want our sword to be in Amara's possession. I decided I need to get rid of Amara once and for all.

I stepped into the hall, where my mother awaited me.

"Are you going to Ivyanah's house?"

"Yes"

"Please, Shivesh, try to convince her to stay here. It has been soo long since we had a chance to connect about her parents and her life," she continued, "What has she thought for her future and everything. There's so much I want to say to her. "

"I'll try maa, but ultimately it will be her choice. We can't force it on her. She has already endured so much and this newfound information may be overwhelming for her."

Taking a deep breath, I continued, "Think about it, Maa. First, she experienced the attack that shook her world, followed by the revelation about her true parentage and the realization that you are her godmother. These revelations are a lot for anyone to process. She must have numerous questions and emotions consuming her at the moment. Still, I'll try to talk to her."

My mother nodded in understanding, "You're right. Let her know that I am here for her whenever she is ready."

Hey guyss! Do vote and share the story.