Chapter 7 Cassie's Terrible Morning and a Thanksgiving to remember

Cassie POV

It's the second or so week of November, it's been a while since my issue of Running off on Halloween. I soon got into the scheduled routine that my brothers got me doing. Wake up, eat, homework, recess as I called it, I got at least 30 to 40 minutes outside every so often, and Horsemanship was a class Bubba put into my schedule. It is my absolute favorite class. These last two days I have been having issues staying asleep. I don't know why don't ask me.

I would go to sleep, and would wake up at like midnight one night, that fist night I had gone down stairs for some water, and Luke had found me, once I had gotten some water he tucked me back into bed. The next night everyone was asleep, and tonight well I was tired and Bubba had me go to bed a litter early.

"I don't want to go to bed yet though, Bubba."

"Come on, Cassie," He said, "I'm not gonna tell you again, you were falling asleep at supper."

"Ugh," I grumbled, getting up. I lifted my arms up to him and he chuckled picking me up I leaned onto him and still upset that I had to go to bed now. It was only 8:30.

My night routine is simple. After my chores I take a shower and get in something comfy my pajama pants are soft so that I what I wear or my leggings. Then a short. Simple. Then I watch some TV or read. If I have any homework I have to complete to meet my quota for the week then I do have to work on that. It's been math a lot lately, I suck at it. They are not having me do it a specific way like box method or what ever.

And division do not get me STARTED. What the heck is the grid method my brother had no clue. They did it differently when they were in school, and even Alex did in my grade. ALEX. So they changed it with me. Why?! Math sucks. I hate it. So anyway I haven't really been doing it.

Bubba hasn't found out. But to make sure he doesn't I still have assignments to turn in. Which means I work on it from time to time. It's getting stressful keeping it from him, but I think he knows.

I don't know why? I just have a feeling.

I looked at the clock on my nightstand 12:48 and sighed. Getting out of bed again this is my third night in a row, maybe a snack would help again. After sneaking around the camera's honestly my brothers wouldn't have minded if I got up, but if I can't fall back asleep, I was to get one of them. My brothers are cool like that, though I found out from reading things online, that those types of brothers are mostly in fantasy books.

But I don't think some people see my brothers at their worst I mean Alex and Emmett can be pretty mean at times, like yesterday when Alex took a huge bite out of my chocolate bar as Brother Tax whatever that is, said that if I started complaining they he wouldn't sneak it for me. The audacity!

I was scrolling through TikTok on Alex's phone. I'm not allowed TikTok, but he get's it. So dumb! By the time I looked at the clock again it was 2:26AM. I set his phone back on the charging station and went back up to my bedroom. As I said we have camera's but I found a little away around them, and I am so not telling how since it is a little complicated.

My alarm clock went off at 5:30 am and I woke up in a terrible mood. Mainly I woke up and picked violence. I am tired, and wanted to go back to sleep which is what I did. That was until Emmett came into my room to wake me up. See mean brother! Ugh!

"Cassie come on," Emmett said, "time to start your morning Chores before you start your schoolwork, that is what I know about homeschool at least."

I glared at him, getting up and huffed he raised an eyebrow at me, but said nothing as he walked out. He was in his school uniform, because public school he didn't have to do chores if he has a test and needs to study, has to be there early, or in all doesn't really have them in the morning. With me here I am on Chicken duty. I put on my overalls and headed to the chickens, Jet mainly stayed away from me, which I was grateful for, but I will eat him if Morgan would let me.