chapter 27

emmas pov

I turned over on my side and grabbed my laptop. I opened it and turned on Netflix. I decided to start a new show because I finished American horror story. I turned on Orange is the new black. After a few episodes my text tone went off. I looked at my phone and saw I had a text from Mason, my best friend.

Mason- hey meet me at the park like now.
Emma- uh..it's 1am.
Mason- yea I know.
Emma- k I'll be there in 5.

I put on some black leggings, my navy blue hoodie with "Dallas 09" on the back. Idk it was from softball and I was #9 so.. I put on some white converse. I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket then I locked my door and turned out my light. I climbed out my window. Well I have a 2 story house but I'm the only one who lives on the first floor bc I changed rooms a little while ago.

I opened the window and climbed out. I got to the park and walked to the swings. And he was there. I sat on the swing next to him.

It was silent for about 5 minutes then I said "you good?" I heard him sniff "my parents are getting a divorce" I looked down "mase..I wouldent understand what that's like..but talk to me"

-20 min later-

I sat down on his lap and wiped his tears, "it will all be ok..I promise" then I out my pinky . He looked down at my finger and chuckled, "are you serious" he laughed a little then linked fingers. We stared into each other's eyes then he leaned in and I did too..and magic.

cams pov

I turned to Nash "hey" I said "uh hi?" It was now 2am and we're watching Netflix in the living room. "Hey whys Emma so quiet?" Nash said "uh..what do you mean?" He said "well you know normally her Netflix or music is blasting at 3am and the neighbors call the cops. We walked to her room "em?" I called. No response.

We tried to open her door but it was locked. 5 minutes later I broke down the door. Me and Nash stepped in but nothing. We searched her room but nothing. "Wait Nash her window..it's open..and her phone is here" I said. I picked up her phone. Hmm what could her password be. 2 minutes later I tried 1-2-3-4 and got in. "I looked at her texts and from a boy named "mason" said they are at the park"

-10 min later-

I got out of the car with Nash. We were at the park. I saw emma and someone at the swings. I ran up to emma and picked her up and set her down "WHAT THE FUCK WERE YUU THINKING!" I yelled.she looked down ask I immediately felt bad for yelling "sorry" she whispered. I don't know why but I kept yelling "EMMA YOU CANT JUST RUN AWAY AT 1AM ITS NOT A FAIRY TALE AND THIS WORLD IS DANGEROUS! WHAT THE FUCK" I screamed then put my hands on my hair and brushed my hair with my fingers. I've been mad for too long at just a lot of things and I feel bad and I'm taking it all out on emma. I turned back around and she was crying and Nash picked her up and carried her to the car. The other dude..I think mason stood up and walked away. I sat on the swing and thought about life.

Wow time has passed. A lot. The first day we got Emma. Now she's 13. She's getting old. And so am I. I hope she's not really upset right now. I stood up and walked to the car.

I opened the backseat and Nash was holding Emma. "Em I'm really sorry, I love you" she looked up "I love me too" I smiled and slightly laughed and looked down "just kidding I love you" I smiled and looked up. I got in the drivers seat and drove home.

I got inside the house and Emma walked to her room and I walked to mine. I put on pajamas and then I walked to emmas room and she was laying in her bed. I layed down next to her and we fell asleep.

Wow I haven't updated in like forever++ I feel like most of my chapters end with them falling asleep😂hope yall had a great day. love you guys and thanks for 9k reads !!
-emma