chapter 29

emmas pov
we got to the restaurant place and walked inside. we waited for about 10 minutes then got seated at a table. I ordered some pasta and Leah ordered a salad and dad ordered some ribs. The food came and we started eating. All of a sudden I heard a loud BANG. My head shot to the left to where the noise was. There was 2 men in all black and dad whispered "get under the table and then crawl to the bathrooms" I nodded with tears streaming down my face. Me and Leah got inside the bathroom and then dad did too. We got outside through the window and we were at the back of the resterant. Me and Leah were crying and dad looked like he was about to cry. We heard more gunshots then we ran to our car and sped to the house.

We parked in the driveway "oh my god guys, I'm so sorry about this, like you don't even know" I smiled through crying and said "no don't be sorry, you didn't know so don't be sorry" then Leah said "yeah thanks for the meal, but don't be sorry. I think I'm gonna go home now" dad nodded. I hugged Leah and cam kissed her and she got in her car and drove away.
-
mkay ik this chapter is super short but I didn't know what to write, um be prepared for the next chapter bc im dropping everything and time skip, byeeee now
love, emma.