Simula

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's give a warm welcome to our debutant as she will be accompanied by eighteen remarkable men for her 18 roses!" I heard the master of the ceremony introduced me as I stood behind closed doors.

I held onto my late mother's necklace tightly due to nervousness and unknown feeling. The double doors opened and it showed me to the huge crowd invited on my eighteenth birthday.

I started transitioning two years ago. My dad has always been cautious with my well-being and is scared that the medications may cause complications to my health, that's why he had me checked with an endocrinologist who is a big help in guiding me on what to do and what to take for me to start this journey of becoming what I really am. What I know my heart really wants. To be a transgender woman. Just like my mom.

My dad is very supportive of my journey of turning into a transwoman I so wanted to be. When I first came out, he hugged me and he said he didn't love me less because of what I am. That I am his most valuable treasure. Ganun din ang mga tito at tita ko, ng pinili kong maging transwoman sa murang edad.

I know that my dad needs an heir, and was often pressured by his peers due to business demands, a son who would eventually inherit and continue our businesses. But my heart wants something else, I want to pursue modeling. My dad knew that I never liked engineering, so he never pressured me and rather supported me to pursue my dreams and the course that I wanted to take in college. He said he still love me all the same despite all of that. Balak kong maging modelo, pero kahit na ganoon, ay sinabi ko sakanyang pipilin ko padin ang kursong business sa college, upang makatulong ako sakanya kalaunan sa ibang paraan.

"Let's give a round of applause for Ms. Reina Ariane Montecarlo!"

I am wearing a red scarlet neck sleeveless ball gown made by Michael Cinco. It was covered with swarovzki crystals that shines and made me stand out as all the lights in the room were automatically directed to me when I entered the banquet hall. My hair is tied up in a messy bun and the loose strands of my hair are neatly flowing on my face.

I saw aunt Elisse standing elegantly and not too far from the master of the ceremony. She greeted me with an open arms. I walked towards her and held both of her hands. Her eyes went down to my right forearm where I am wearing my mom's love bangle. It was a gift from my dad back when she was in college.

Nakita kong nagusot ang mukha niya sa nagbabadyang luha at malungkot na ngumiti.

"Oh Ria..." she pulled me for a tight embrace. I saw tito Amer around the corner who is staring at us. He is smiling but there's also sadness in his eyes.

"Your mother must be so proud, hija." She let go of me and cupped my face with her hands "I can see her. I see her in you.." her voice broke. "You are starting to look exactly like her as each day pass..." her eyes, full of emotions as she is holding back her tears behind a smile.

Napangiti ako ng pagak para pigilan din ang sariling mga luha sa pagpatak. If only mom was here, will she.. allow me to transition? Will she support me.. or will I break her heart because of disappointment? That her only son, happened to grew up being gay.

The MC brought us back to reality when he cue the 18 dances. Giniya ako ni tita Elisse sa gitnang parte ng bulwagan kung saan sakin padin nakatutok ang mga ilaw.

"Without further ado, let's begin the ceremony with no other than the debutant's father himself, Engineer Enrico Adrian Montecarlo of Montecarlo Engineering and Construction Services, as her first dance!"

In the middle of the applauding crowd I saw my dad standing in front of me, holding a bouquet of red roses. Even on his fiftees, he still is fit and muscular. Dad stood six feet and three inches, sporting a clean-cut hair that is now brushed upwards. He even shaved his beard that he groomed through the years matching his thick eyebrows that helped scream his domineering aura. Gwapo ang daddy, kung kayat kahit may edad na ay madami pa ding mga middle-aged woman in our family circle na nahuhumaling. The daughters of the rich families, who were rumored to have fascination with my father when he was younger, the Montecarlo scion, who was often introduced and linked to the young elite women of their circle that my grandma was so eager to set him up with on a lot of dates back in the day.