11

M I K A E L A

"Mikaela! Mikaela!" I hear Harry calling me but I can't seem to get out of this dream.

~~~~~

H A R R Y

I wake up to the sound of Mikaela screaming. At first I couldn't figure out what she was screaming but when I realized she was calling out for me I sat up straight in the bed. I know she gets nightmares sometimes but this is different than anything I could've prepared myself for. I try to wake her up but she won't wake up. I start wispering her name but she doesn't seem to react. So the longer this goes on the more loud and frantic my voice gets. After a while I decide to call Vanessa. When she doesn't pick up I realize there's only one other person who I can call for help.

>>>Phone Call<<<

Harry Styles
Hey David, I'm sorry to call you so late but Mikaela is screaming and shaking and I seem to get her to calm down or wake up. I think she's having a nightmare but I don't know how to help her. I figured you'd know what to do.
>>I say with a panicked urgency in my voice.<<

David Binion
Ok, listen very closely. I need you to carefuly grab her and hold her in your arms. I know the shaking is scary but trust me this will help.

>>><<<

I go to her side of the bed and scoop her into my arms and hold her tight.

>>><<<

Harry Styles
Ok, what next?

David Binion
Next, you need to help get her breathing under control. You know the 4 rule right?

Harry Styles
Yeah, 4 seconds in, hold, 4 seconds out, hold, and repeat.

David Binion
Run your thumb along her hand and breath with her. When her breathing is under control try whispering her name to wake her up.

>>><<<

I began to do what David said and slowly she started to breath more normally. I decided to try whispering her name to see if she would wake up. "mikaela. mikaela." Whenever I say her name the second time her eyes open and she holds onto me tight. I can feel her tears fall onto my shirt.

"thank you." She whispers in my ear.

"anytime." I say as I start to rub circles on her back.

>>><<<

Harry Styles
Thank you so much David. Again sorry for calling so late but I knew you would be able to help.

David Binion
It's no problem. Make sure she gets some rest today. Usually after a night like this she tries to busy herself but it usually backfires on her. So if you can just have a day in watching her favorite movies and just order in. Don't make her talk about it if she doesn't want to. But if she opens up the conversation listen to her. Don't try to fix it unless she asks. If she talks about it with you it means she trusts you. Don't break that trust. I'm going back to bed, but call me if you need any help.

Harry Styles
"Ok, I promise I'll take care of her."

>>>Call Ended<<<