M I K A E L A

When we're almost at the church, Harry finally realizes where we're going. "Why are we at the church?" I start to answer, but he interrupts me. "I thought we were going to dinner? So again, I ask, why are we at the church?" I start to laugh as he looks at me. "Why are you laughing?"

"If you would be quiet for a second, I will explain." I pause, and he gives me the look, telling me to keep going. "So every month, the worship team has a rehearsal and book club. And tonight is that night. Since I'm going to be gone for a little bit, I want to see all my friends and say goodbye. Also, we're having dinner after with David and Nicole." He looks at me, a little concerned. "They don't bite, I promise. David may sit on your lap, but that's it." He looks almost scared when I say that last part.

"He may WHAT?" I laugh at how he's reacting. "Please tell me you're joking." I can't stop laughing as I pull into a spot in the parking lot.

"I wish I was. Hey, you never know. Maybe he won't. I'm just preparing you. Also, before you think of trying not to go in, you should know that David specifically asked me to bring you. So yeah, you kinda have to come." That pretty much ends the conversation as we get out of the car and head inside.

Once we walk in, David walks straight over to us. He gives me the biggest hug and then asks, "Is this Harry?" I nod, and he pulls him into a hug. David whispers in my ear, "What did you tell him? He looks terrified of me." I chuckle before whispering, "I told him that you might sit on his lap like you did to me when I first got here." He laughs and says, "Do you want to mess with him?" I nod and keep laughing.

"What is wrong with you? What did he say to you?" Harry whispers in my ear. I whisper back, "Nothing. Just made a funny comment about how scared you.." Before I can finish my sentence, David comes over and sits on Harry's lap. He looks at me for help, and I shrug.

"So, can you sing? I've heard you can sing. Is it true?" David asks. Harry nods. I think he's terrified of David. I want to see him get more scared, so I decide to suggest something. "Harry, you should sing something!" His face goes white. He's performed in front of thousands of people, but the thought of singing in front of David terrifies him.

I whisper to him, "I'll sing with you if you do it. We can do the song I sang on Sunday." He relaxes a little bit and nods his head. He whispers, "Are you sure you want to sing that song? We could do Hunger. You know, the one that was playing when you were sleeping. I know the lyrics better on that song." He doesn't know that he's asking to sing their song in front of them. So I go along.

I whisper to David, "Give no reaction at all. I'm about to have him ask you to play Hunger. Pretend like it's not your song. I really want to hear him sing this song." He nods in response.

I nudge Harry, telling him to ask David if he can play the song. "Can you play piano? If so, can you play Hunger?" David just nods in response. Here goes nothing!

~~~~~

H A R R Y

We finished singing, and David came running over to us and gave us the biggest hug. "Wow! You really can sing! That was awesome! You two sound incredible together. And it makes it even better that you were singing my song." I go white as a ghost. That was his song! She knew and didn't tell me. I look around, and everyone is looking at us with their jaws dropped. I think I overstepped.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know that was your song. I didn't mean to overste.." He cuts me off, saying, "It's fine. You sounded incredible. I'm not mad. I think everyone in this room is just shocked at how well you guys sang it." He pats me on the back, and we return to our seats.

Once practice is over, we head out for dinner. It turns out Nicole is making dinner at their house. So now we're heading over there. I'm kinda glad that we aren't going to a restaurant. It takes some of the pressure off.

Sorry for the short chapter. This is more of a filler chapter.