14

~2 days later~

M I K A E L A

Today's the day that I finally get to see my family again! I'm also flying in Harry's mom to Dallas. It wasn't easy to do without Harry knowing but I successfully did it. I need to text Anne to ask if she has landed yet.

>>>Text Message<<<

Mikaela
Hey Anne!! Have you landed in Dallas yet?? If so you can either call David or you can get an Uber to their house. Just let me know what you chose to do. We're on our way to the airport now. See you soon!!

Anne
Hey Mikaela! I am getting my bags from baggage claim and have already called David. Are you coming straight to the house when you land?

Mikaela
We are coming straight to the house! We left my car at the airport the last time we flew out of Dallas, so we decided to drive to the house on our own.

Anne
Okay, see you soon! Love you!!

Mikaela
Love you too!

>>><<<

"Hey silly, who are you texting?" Harry said pulling me out of my own thoughts. "Your mom." Harry makes a weird face at me. "What!! Am I not allowed to text your mom to see how she's doing?" He chuckles and says, "You are, I just think it's weird."

"Okay, moving on, how long is the flight going to be?" Harry asks. "The flight is a little less than 3 hours. I can't wait to see my family!!"

We arrive at the airport and get through security. Then we board the plane and now we're off!

~3 hours later~

H A R R Y

We just landed in Dallas and Mikaela is super excited to see her family. She's literally bouncing up and down. She's driving since it's her car that's at the airport. "So where are we going first?" I ask Mikaela. "We're going to David and Nicole's house! I told you that I couldn't wait to see them!" She says excited.

About 40 minutes later we arrive at their house. "Hey silly. Where are we staying? I know that you put all you stuff into a storage unit and moved out of the apartment with your friend. So where are we staying?" Mikaela smiles and says, "You'll see." That's all she says before heading to the trunk to grab the bags.

I help her get the bags to the front door and ring the doorbell. The person who answers was not who I was expecting.

"Mum! What are you doing here? How did you get here? How do you know them?" I keep rambling even as I give my mum a big hug. "Well your girlfriend over there flew me out so you could spend time with me and she could also be with her family." I turn and look at Mikaela and she has the biggest grin on her face. "SURPRISE!" I go over and give her the biggest hug. "Thank you so much." I whisper in her ear before turning to my mum. "Wait you said girlfriend? We're not dating yet. Are we?" I look at Mikaela and she says, "Well, do you want to be my boyfriend?" I jump up and down saying, "Yes, Yes, Yes! I'd love to be your boyfriend!!"

"Ok, lovebirds! Come on inside! I'll show you your room." David says to remind us that we still haven't gone inside. My mum, Mikaela, and I head inside and follow David. He takes us to our room and says, "This is where you'll be staying while your here. I also know that you don't eat meat so we picked up some food that you can have when we're have meat. Get settled in and we're having tacos for lunch so be quick."

David walks away and I can't help but turn to Mikaela and say, "Thank you so much! You're the best girlfriend I could ever ask for! How did you do all this?" She smiles, kisses me and says, "Me, Anne, and David will explain that during lunch. Now let's get changed and go eat!"

~~~~~

M I K A E L A

It feels so good to be back home! We're staying at David and Nicole's house and I'm so happy! I just got changed into a little more comfy clothes. I mainly just took my bra off and put a robe on over my t-shirt and shorts. I'm so hungry so I'm glad they had food almost ready when we got here.

"Mhm it smells good in here. Hi mama Nicole. I missed you so much." As I say that I realize what I just called her. "I'm sorry I was just excited to see you." As I say that Nicole whispers in my ear, "It's okay we can talk about it later." I nod and go sit by Harry.

"You okay silly?" He asks, clearly seeing what had just happened. I nod and say, "I'm okay." He squeezes me extra tight to let me know that he understands and is here if I need him.

"So Mikaela, how was the photo shoot?" I perk up hearing Nicole ask me that. "It was so much fun! When we got to the waterfall I had Harry hiding so he could surprise the clients after the proposal happened. They got so excited, it was so much fun!"

I can't stop smiling. This is what I've always wanted. To have someone who loves me for who I am and people who treat me like I'm their kid. I finally have a family and it's even greater than I thought it would be. I don't even realize that I've started crying until David asks, "You okay, Mik? Why are you crying?" I get choked up trying to say what I'm feeling. I manage to croak out, "Happy tears, I promise." I lean into Harry and all my worries melt away.

~~~~~

H A R R Y

When we finish eating lunch Nicole comes over to me as whispers, "Me, David, and Mikaela are going to go on a walk so we can talk. We have some big things and feeling to talk about with her. I want to give you a heads up so when we get back you know that she probably isn't going to want to do much. Just nod if you understand." I nod to let her know that I understand and hope that whatever they're going to talk about doesn't hurt her.

~~~~~

M I K A E L A

I saw Nicole tell Harry something but before I get the chance to ask him about it Nicole asks, "Hey Mikaela, let's go on a walk so we can catch up. David you wanna come too?" David nods and I say, "Okay let's go."

I walk over to Harry and give him a kiss. "Hey I'm going on a walk with David and Nicole. I'll be back soon. Love you." "Love you too."