10+ Fun Facts about the Book

Here are some fun facts you may not have known about this book.

The story is based on a 1980s television show called My Secret Identity, with Jerry O. Connell, which is based on a teenage boy who gains superpowers after wandering into his scientist neighbor's laboratory.

Samual and James's relationships are based explicitly on Andrew Clements (Jerry O Connell) and Dr. Benjamin Jeffcoate (Derek McGrath). Ironically, Derek McGrath did not inspire Derek.

Derek Knight was inspired by my older brother Derric and the neighborhood cops.

Mark James from the I Am Number Four series inspired Mark Reignson.

I have adapted a book into a screenplay pilot and I am currently seeking to have it optioned. The initial concept was in screenplay format, which later developed into a short story, and eventually evolved into a novel as my writing skills progressed.

The first draft was a nightmare. I still find little things about this version to nitpick about, but I'm almost satisfied.

I also started the project while living at my school for behavioral issues and having extra downtime.

I will also leave a link to the screenplay.

https://writers.coverfly.com/projects/view/894ad50d-3ef6-4241-ae23-5dc1544876cf/James_Knight_Teenage_Superhuman

https://writers.coverfly.com/projects/view/9382087a-96d0-4413-ac71-b5ba57afac00/James_Knight_Teenage_Superhuman

https://writers.coverfly.com/projects/view/7602335b-e0cd-4535-b68b-afb7d6ec8d20/James_Knight_Teenage_Superhuman

   I have secret ideas for the series written all over my Google Docs dating back to about eight to ten years ago.

Mark and Mia were not initially cousins in the first book, nor were James, Derek, Max, and Noah. Also, Sam didn't use to be Maximus's father, and Alexander almost never existed.

   James Knight: Teenage Superhuman was initially called Diary of a Teenage Superhuman and rebranded after a Wattpad friend suggested the new name.

It took me over ten years to get to this book draft.