(Flashback) Dance of flowers

(flashback)

"ADAD," I yelled as my fingers continued to get sucked in my hair, groaning and cursing, I wiggled my fingers out of my hair," Adad I can't seem to be able to braid my hair!" walking into the room, Adad came over to me smiling as if he had found something to be hilarious.

"So you can sew an entire dress from scratch but you can't braid your hair? I would have thought Dis or I or any of your family members would have taught you by now!" sticking my tongue out at him and rolling my eyes I turned my body and smiled meekly as he chuckled lowly.

"Soooo Madi, did you happen to find anyone to accompany you to the celebration? Or are you going stag?" pulling lightly on the right side of my head he continued his questioning," I just worry you won't have fun, and if that happens I want you to come to find me or Dis." rolling my eyes at the notion that I would have to run to my family if I was bored...That I couldn't do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All around us were dwarrows dancing with their dwarrowdams, their hair swaying back and forth, tinkling with all of the beads in their manes.

flicking my eyes back and forth, I found myself enamored by all of the colors and all of the beauty. Smiling and clapping my hands together, I swayed over to Adad and laid my hand on his shoulder, "Adad, go have fun being a guard, Ill be good, I promise." winking at me and clapping his hand on my shoulder, he walked back to the entrance and took his post while I made my way over to the drink bar.

Everything was fabulous, the lighting to the dancefloor, the walls, the drinks, everything was made to make a grown dwarowdam stop in her tracks.

"Mahall..." Whispering and clutching my arms, everything looked so intimidating! The walls, the people, everything.

Smiling through my anxiety, I made my way over to the side of the room where the drinks were, maybe something cool would calm me a bit.

As I placed my hands on a drink that had something for the underaged, I sipped it and suddenly felt something smack my bottom roughly. Yelping and dropping my cup, I spun around to see a drunk dwarf who stared glossy-eyed at me. " Liza come, let us go home! I want to show you what a man I am!" The man mumbled grabbing my face harshly trying to bring it toward his own. In his breath, I smelt the thick stench of alcohol and pipe smoke. getting my hands up to his wrist, and hitting him roughly, all that came from the large dwarves mouth was a slurred giggle as I struggled.

Suddenly I was pulled from the man's grasp, and pushed behind whoever had saved me from the man, I watched as the dwarf brought back his fist and landed a hard sucker punch to his jaw. Down to the ground, the dwarf fell, out like a light.

Turning to me, I let out a breath as I looked at the dwarf in front of me, who was fili. Extending his arms to me and gently grabbing my upper arms in a comporting matter, he asked me gently," Maddi, are you okay?" Sucking in my shaken breath, I nodded yes and looked down as I watched the guards of the South Gate grab and throw out the unruly man.

"What the hell just happened? Why did he grab you?" feeling two hands land heavily on my shoulders, I sucked in a breath and shuddered, this night was not supposed to go like his... with tears welling in my eyes, I sniffed and nodded my head, unable to speak for fear of crying in front of the prince.

putting his hand on the back of my head, and his arm around my shoulders, he pulled me against himself. 

"Hey, why don't you just dance with me and Kili, we will make sure this does not happen again... Okay?" 

Pulling myself back, wiping my eyes, and sniffing, I smiled waterly and put my hand out for him to take.

maybe this night could be turned around...