Questions

Tommy fiddled with his fingers, he was currently in his mother's office after the breakfast they shared, his brother, Techno was there with him, silently nudging his brother on.

    Tommy did not budge.

     To be frank, Tommy was nervous, if Techno hadn't heard of it, how would his mother know of it.

     Who's he kidding, his mother knows everything.

     Techno cleared his throat, a loud indication that he was either going to speak, or he wanted Tommy to speak.

    Tommy did not like the latter option.

    Techno grunted and looked to Tommy, who just shook his head silently.

    Techno glared at him. He was pissed.

    "Okay, what the actual heck is going on!" They turned to see their mother giving them both stern looks, not glares, stern looks.

    Techno grumbled angrily and looked his mother in her eyes.

    "Tommy here," he moved his hand towards Tommy with a pause. "has something to tell you." Tommy looked to him with a mix of shock and anger.

    "Well, what does Tommy have to say to me?" Phrased like a question, but undoubtedly a demand. Even though that would normally mean Tommy would have to speak up, her words were directed towards Techno, she saw that Tommy was uncomfortable, and is forcing Techno to say it.

    Haha, try that 'he wants to tall you something' with someone else bitch!

    "It's not really my place to say, is it Tommy?" He didn't back down, his eyes on his mother's, but his question directed towards Tommy.

    Tommy felt uncomfortable in the room, was techno really challenging mom? His skin was covered in goosebumps, and his mind told him to flee, but he was stuck.

    "It seems Tommy is fine with you saying it." Her eyes narrowed, this was a glare. Even his father would falter under it, and surprisingly, Phliza was stronger than Techno.

    Techno halted, his glare immediately stopped glaring. His eyes were neutral, but having lived with him his whole life, Tommy could tell that even he, the great Technoblade, was scared.

    "Tommy had an instinct, it told him something I've never heard before." He grumbled the words out, his gaze on the flooring of the Queens office.

    "An instinct!?" She immediately stood up and turned to Tommy. "What was it?" She was leaning over her desk, looking at Tommy with awe.

    Tommy started blushing, glancing to his shoes.

    "It called Techno protector. Is that okay?" Tommy internally cringed, this was so weird to talk about.

    "Of course it's okay! It's natural!" Her smile was apparent, but so was the look of confusion that resided in her eyes.

    "But, I've never heard of it." Techno, ever the jerk, made sure to bring back the elephant in the room.

    "Yes, it is a little odd." She turned to Techno. "Could I speak with Tommy alone?" Her voice was sweet like honeycomb, but the words she spoke concerned Tommy.

    "Yes mother." And with that, Techno took long strides and walked out of the room.

    There was a long silence that filled the room, Tommy was staring at his mother, but she was in deep thought it seemed, her eyebrows were furrowed, and she was looking at her hands that were placed on the table.

    "Mum-" his mother looked at him, but her eyes were filled with sadness, she held her right hand up to quiet him.

    "I wish this didn't happen the way it did but-" Tommy interrupted her,

    "You wish what didn't happen?" His voice was small. What was so wrong about getting an instinct?

    "Tommy, you're not avian." The words suffocated him, but that's not, that's not possible, everyone in his family line was, from what he knew, an avian. Something didn't add up here.

    Unless..

    "Mum, did you, cheat on father?" His voice was quiet, his lip trembling as he asked that, they loved eachother, it couldn't be.

    His mother's eyes widened and she looked at him with complete confusion, and then, understanding.

    "Never." Her voice was strong, and he knew it was true, but then how-

    "It's not a bad thing Tommy, it's astounding, but it's sad that I only just started noticing now." Her voice was soft, her body language was kind, and her eyes of compassion.

    "What do you mean?" He was so confused, his mother was holding back information and it was honestly infuriating.

    "It's hard to explain, but I will try, but not here, not now." Her voice turned to a whisper "It seems there is an ear listening in on us right now." He looked behind him to the door, then back to his mother, she nodded and put her index finger over her lips.

    "Well Prince Theseus, I'm glad we could talk over the issue you had with the peoples taxes, feel free to contact me for anything, but for now, I have queenly duties to attend to." Her voice got louder, enough for whomever that was on the other side of the door to hear very clearly.

    Tommy walked over to the door and heard quick shuffling. "Yes youir majesty." He played along, closer to the door this time.

    When Tommy opened the door, no one was there.

    How nosy.