Chapter 35: Following Your Heart

Althea knew that she couldn't keep her feelings for Sol bottled up any longer. She had to take a leap of faith and confess her love, even if it risked their friendship. She had to follow her heart and take a chance.

One day, Althea decided to take Sol on a walk by the waterfall. The surroundings were beautiful, with the sound of the water cascading down the rocks and the birds chirping in the trees. Althea could feel her heart racing as she held Sol's hand and led her to a secluded spot by the waterfall.

"Sol," Althea said softly, taking a deep breath. "I have something I need to tell you."

Sol looked at her, her eyes filled with warmth and kindness. "What is it, Althea?"

Althea took a step closer, her heart beating faster with each passing second. "I don't know how to say this, but I have feelings for you. Deep feelings."

Sol's eyes widened in surprise, but Althea continued. "I know we've been friends for a long time, and I don't want to risk ruining that. But I can't help how I feel, and I needed to tell you."

Sol took a moment to process Althea's words before speaking. "Althea, I had no idea you felt that way. But, I have to confess something too. I've had feelings for you too, but I didn't want to risk losing our friendship."

Althea couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her heart swelled with joy as Sol spoke. "You have no idea how happy that makes me feel, Sol," Althea said, taking Sol's hand in hers. "I thought I was alone in this."

Sol smiled, taking a step closer to Althea. "You're not alone, Althea. I've fallen in love with you, too."

Althea's eyes widened in surprise, and then she smiled. "I never imagined that my feelings for you would lead us here, to this beautiful place, with the waterfall and the birds singing. It's as if nature is celebrating our love."

Sol nodded in agreement, taking Althea's face in her hands. "Let's follow our hearts, Althea. Let's take that leap and be together."

Althea's heart was pounding with joy as she leaned in to kiss Sol. They kissed under the waterfall, their love as strong and pure as the water flowing down the rocks. They knew that they were taking a risk, but they were willing to follow their hearts and take that leap.