Chapter 3

Jaime's Pov:

I couldn't help but notice how strange Luke had been acting today, i shook it off and met with Skylar at lunch.  She was the only female i actually got along with, let's just say i got along with guys better than with girls, it saved me the drama.

"Jaime over here!" Skylar yelled making the whole lunch room turn to me.

Why is it that wherever i go i have to deal with embarrassment? I guess the people I hang out with just don't really care what others think of them, and I honestly should be one of them but as hard as I try not to care i end up where I started in the first place.

I walked over to Sky and sat down with our trays.

"Jaime Lynn, you have me abandoned!" she cried

I laughed, Skylar liked to over exaggerate.

"I'm sorry Sky, i've been busy"

She raised her eyebrows

"Does busy involve Jai?" she asked while winking

I nudged her as my cheeks turned tomato red

"Can you not bring that up in a crowded cafeteria?!" I snapped

She laughed

"Relax, it's not like anyone heard that" she added

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Heard what?" asked a strong voice

It was Jai.

I looked up at Skylar and gave her the 'I told you so' look and she giggled.

"Nothing that concerns you!" i answered while sticking out my tongue

Jai gasped and pretended to be hurt which only made Skylar laugh harder.

"Jaime anything that involves you always concerns me" he winked

I rolled my eyes.

"You looser" I joked

Jai chuckled and sat besides me as Skylar quickly spotted the others.

I raised both my arms and waved them in the air so the guys would notice us, and I guess it worked because they were walking towards us.

"Hello fuckers!" yelled Beau

"I hope you all had an awful day!" added Skip while smirking

These losers man i swear, if they got girlfriends it would be a miracle! Even though they were incredibly good looking i only had eyes for one.

I felt a light tap on my thigh as my eyes met with Jai's.

"Yes?" I whispered

 Luke seemed to be the only one paying attention or maybe he was just staring into space.

"You and I need to talk later" 

I nodded

"Okay?"

"Alone." Jai added

I looked up at the others and they didn't seem to be paying attention, Beau was bothering James and Skip was annoying Skylar, all of them in their own little world.

I wonder what could be so important that Jai had to talk to me alone. I had an idea but it was to stupid and impossible, could Jai like me? it had only been a minute since he asked me and I was already assuming. But can you blame me? it was Jai Brooks after all... The thought was eating me alive.