Chapter 22

Luke's Pov:

As soon as Jaime was sound asleep i grabbed my keys and left the hospital. I was happy she was getting released tomorrow, i just didn't know how she would react when she heard the news about her dad.

I parked the car and walked inside the house. Jai was laying on the couch and Beau was in the kitchen with James.

"Where's Skip?" I asked

James turned around and faced me. "He had to go home, his dad called and was yelling through the phone about god knows what."

Beau walked out of the kitchen and took a seat next to the little space Jai had left in the couch.

"So how is she?" he asked

I sighed "She's fine, excited about being released tomorrow."

Jai turned to me "I'm guessing you haven't told her."

"I didn't have it in me, mum had called telling me the news right before she told me about leaving the hospital."

"Poor Jaime" said James 

I scratched the top of my head and sat down. "Ugh you guys should've seen how happy she was when they told her she could leave. I couldn't just take away that hapiness after what she had been through."

"I don't understand how bad things could happen to those who don't deserve them." said Beau

"I mean Jaime is one of the most nicest, kind hearted girls i know" he added

"Luke i don't think you should be the one to tell her" said James

I had thought about that, but i didn't want her to find out from someone else. Someone who wouldn't understand the pain like she would. 

"He doesn't have to."

The door slammed shut and mum walked in. "Hello Gina" said James

"What do you mean mum?" I asked

Mum placed her purse on the couch and her keys on the counter. Kicking her shoes to the side as she began to get comfortable.

"I mean that i could tell her sweatheart, you two have been through enough. I don't want to put you in this situation, plus i was the one who the police informed so might as well."

I sighed. I have been doing that a lot, sighing. I was glad mum offered but i still thought i should be the one to tell her.

"It's alright mum, i'll see how i can handle it."'

Mum nodded and gave me a weak smile. "Okay kiddo"

"So did you hear anything else?" asked Jai "About Mr.Lynn's death"

"They didn't give me that much detail since i'm not family, they wanted Jaime to come and see the body and decided what she wanted to do with it. Either burn it and keep the ashes or a proper funeral."

Just thinking about funerals made me picture Jaime crying into my shoulder as the closed the casket shut burrying her dad into the ground."

"Okay i had enough death talk today i'm going to bed."

The boys all looked at me. I knew when i was getting a look of pitty when i saw one, but i didn't mind. 

i walked into my room and threw myself in bed only thinking about one thing. Jaime.

A/N: I'm sorry it's short!