Cha. 4 - First Day Of School

As Sunday came around I didn't do much that day, but chill all day and help unpack a few things. During Sunday night before I dose to sleep I had many thoughts of what my school was gonna be like or if people were gonna like. I didn't really get much sleep, but before I realize it was already Monday morning. I woke up just as my alarm clock sounded. I got out of bed and stepped in the shower. My outfit was fairly simple; just a black t-shirt, black, ripped skinny jeans and white flats to finish it off.

I then started on my makeup: black mascara and pink lipgloss. My hair was fixed into a messy bun. If you couldn't tell, I was not trying to draw too much attention to myself.

I walked downstairs seeing mom cooking up breakfast. Sarah came downstairs just as I sat on an island stool.

"Good morning, mother," I said with a toothy grin while reaching for my food.

"Good morning, sweetie," she said back.

"Hi mom, Brianna," Sarah greeted, walking to get her food then sitting down beside me.

"Hey Sarah," I said, with a mouth full of eggs and ketchup.

When Sarah and I were done eating, we headed to the car where we waited for my mom to come out the house and drive up to school.

Rigid High School.

"I won't be able to pick you guys up from school, so you'll be walking home." My mother informed Sarah and I as we reached our new school.

"Okay," we replied almost in sync.

"Brianna, you remember which house is ours, right?" She asked.

"Yes mother."

"Here's the house key, just incase I'm not home," she handed me the key and drove away after saying her last goodbye.

Sarah and I immediately walked from the drop-off section to the schools office area to get our schedule for our classes. After we got our schedules, I found out Sarah has math as her first period and that my first class was history.

We went our separate ways. I went to my first class, my home room, which was history. I already knew I was late because of two reasons. One, the halls were empty. Two, I heard the warning bells sound when Sarah and I were were in the office getting out schedule. So, like anyone else, I hesitated as I neared my destination.

Should I knock, should I just barge in? Ugh! Why is life so difficult!

I eventually settled on knocking and when the teacher yelled, "Come in!" I did.

"Hello. My name is Mr. Harold. Are you the new student," he asked me.

"Yes," I replied, suddenly acknowledging all the pairs of eyes on me.

"Name, please?"

"Brianna wood," I said coolly.

"Well, Brianna, please seat yourself beside Luke. Luke, raise your hand." I realized Luke was the same boy I saw the other day, the one with the striking blue eyes and piercings. "Try to follow along and take notes," Mr. Harold added as I shuffled along to my seat.

Luke looked even cuter up close, looks better than the last time I saw him. He wore black skinny jeans with black Vans and a Nirvana shirt.

Luke's POV

Considering that Brianna was the same girl I saw a few days ago, she looked more beautiful then last time I've seen her. Her chestnut colored, wavy hair was put into a messy bun; her deep brown eyes said more than she ever could, they looked nicer up close.