Cha. 1 - Moving

"Brianna , please come downstairs," I heard my mother yell from down stairs. As I was currently studying for a test I'll have tomorrow.

I stopped and yelled back, "I'm coming in a second!" I got off my bed walked to my door headed right down stairs. My parents and my sister were waiting for me; I could see my mother and my sister with a sad look on their face while my dad seemed giddy and excited.

"Take a seat honey," he said. I took seat on our brown leather sofa, wondering what they were going to say.

My dad was the first to break the silence. "Brianna , I know you've been doing well in your classes and you have many friends here that love you very much." The smile on his face was slowly turning into a frown.

I sat silently, anticipating what his next words were. I had a bad feeling about whatever he was going to say.

"But we have to move to Australia in Sydney cause of a job opening. We're leaving in three days." he finished off.

"No dad!" I cried, jumping up from my seated position. "What about my friends and everything else? Mom, you can't let dad do this to me, I grew up in America! It is all I know!"

"Now, Brianna , I know it hurts you to leave your friends and start a new life," she paused taking a deep breath, "but your dad needs this job." She explains slowly to me, a unhappy look glued to her face.

I left the living room without a another word and ran up to my bedroom, slammed the door behind me and fell face-first onto my queen sized bed. I can't believe my parents are just expecting me to adapt to a new life! The worst part was that I leave in three days.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I heard my phone ring but I didn't care to answer the phone or talk to the person calling for whatever reason. All I could think about was how I was going to tell my friends goodbye and hoe I leave in three day to another side of the world: a place I don't want to be. I continued crying and eventually cried myself to sleep.

I woke up looking at my clock, realizing that I was five minutes earlier then my alarm clock. So I decided to get up from my bed heading to the shower I started to removed my pajamas off my body leaving me exposed. I turn on the water and stepped in allowing all the warm water to fall on my body relaxing my muscles, I closed my eyes.

"I can't believe you, Brianna! You're just gonna leave your friends behind, what kind of friend are you?"

"Why are you calling me a bad friend? It wasn't my choice to leave you guys behind! My dad needs this job."

I opened my eyes snapping myself back to reality, hoping that when my friends find out I leave in three days to Australia they will understand. This wasn't my choice to choose. I stepped out of the shower to get dressed. After deciding to wear a white crop top, high waisted, ripped jeans and my white converse, I applied my makeup: black mascara and red lipstick.

I headed downstairs to see the rest of my family. My mother was cooking breakfast for Sarah and I, my dad was reading the newspaper.

"Good morning." I greeted, reaching for my breakfast.

"Good Morning, Brianna ," they replied back.

"Bria, when you and Sarah come from school, please start packing. Is that understood?" My mother said with a serious face and stern voice.

"Yes, I will." Sarah replied.

"Brianna Evelyn Wood, did you understand what I said?" my mother questioned again.

"Yes mother," I pushed out and walked away, acting as if I didn't care much.

I then grabbed my stuff and headed to the car waiting until Sarah got in so my dad could drive us to school. A loud silence filled the car until Sarah broke it by asking a question.

"What is it like in Australia?"

"I'm not sure sweetie but I bet you'll love it there and make new friends." My father answered with a warm smile.

"How do you know we'll like it there? " I butted in.

"Bria, please don't start. I know you don't like the idea of us moving and leaving your friends but, just please accp- " I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

.*We arrived at school*

" Bye."

" Bye and don't for-" I slammed the car door angrily knowing what he going to say. I walked into the school and headed right to class avoiding my friends.

After first period had just ended I went to my next class which was science. Where me and my best friend were working on a project. "Hey, Brianna!" Kate yelled as I walked into class. I waved back, took a sit next her and helped work on the project. "How come you didn't answer your phone last night?" Kate asked me minutes after class started.

"Mmm, I fell asleep, sorry." I replied, knowing she's going to believe the little lie I told her.

"Oh. It's okay, I guess," and with that, we continued working, only speaking to each other when necessary. As the bell rang I could not stop thinking about how I should tell my friends I'm leaving them to start a new life.

ᕼEY GᑌYᔕ!!!!! TᕼIᔕ Iᔕ ᗰY ᖴIᖇᔕT ᗷOOK TᕼᗩT I'ᗰ ᗯᖇITIᑎG I ᕼOᑭE YOᑌᖇ EᑎᒍOYIᑎG IT. ᔕOᖇᖇY ᖴOᖇ TᕼE ᗷᗩᗪ EᑎᗪIᑎG, ᗷᑌT KEEᑭ ᖇEᗩᗪIᑎG TO ᖴIᑎᗪ Iᖴ ᗷᖇᗩIᑎᑎᗩ ᗯIᒪᒪ EᐯEᖇ TEᒪᒪ ᕼEᖇ ᖴᖇIEᑎᗪᔕ TᕼᗩT ᔕᕼE ᒪEᗩᐯEᔕ TO ᗩᑌᔕTᖇᗩᒪIᗩ? ᗯIᒪᒪ ᕼEᖇ ᖴᖇIEᑎᗪᔕ ᕼᗩTE ᕼEᖇ ᖴOᖇ ᒪEᗩᐯIᑎG? ᖇEᗩᗪ TO ᖴIᑎᗪ OᑌT ᗯᕼᗩT ᕼᗩᑭᑭEᑎᔕ ᑎE᙭T!!!!!!!!!!!

FOLLOW MY EDITOR @mama__brit, @__aris and Lovely_JahQui also beautifulangel101