Cha. 6 (Part 2)

When we arrived, I open the door, placing my backpack on the floor and walking into the kitchen. Sarah followed and took a seat on a chair. I made myself something to eat since I didn't eat earlier.

"Can you make me something to eat?"  Sarah asked.

I always hated when I made something and Sarah ask for the same thing. Even worse when she asks me to make it for her.

"No. Make it yourself," I replied already irritated by everything that happened today.

"Fine then. I'll just tell dad you weren't at Siena's house that day but at a boy's house. You know how he feels about you lying to him." She threatened, a knowing smirk on her face. "And we just can't forget your hissy fit. You know, the one in the cafeteria? I'm sure he would love to hear about it." I was quiet for a few moments, contemplating whether or not I should do what she's asking me to. Even though I already knew the answer.

"Fine, whatever, Sarah." I answered with a harsh tone.

"Thank you for understanding." She said sarcastically adding a grin.

"Shut up."

As much as I wanted to slap that grin off her face, I restrained myself because I didn't want her tell dad about what happened at school today or that I went to Calum's house, not Siena's or that I was almost suspected from school. I would most likely be grounded for life if he found out.

I handed her sandwich and went out kitchen up the staircase and stopped before I got to the top. I reminded Sarah to get dressed for that Dinner our family was invited to tonight then continued up the stairs and to my room. I close the door behind me and fall back on my bed and closed my eyes.

It's been only 2 days since I started school here in Australia and a lot has happened already. It feels like I have been going to school for weeks now. I miss my friends and my old home but all that has faded away if could just go back in time. And going to Luke's house will probably end up being a nightmare. I don't know how I feel about him anymore. I like him one minute then he does something stupid to get me mad and I'm back to hating him.

Sighing, I opened my eyes and rubbed them in an attempt to stop thinking about Luke or the near future. I looked at the clock seeing it was only a couple of minutes before my parents arrived. I decided to get ready.

I showered, scrubbing the dry milk off my exposed skin and washed the rest of my body. I dried myself when I finished and put the dirty clothes in the hamper. Next I chose my outfit and accessories: a pretty black dress paired with some flats. I wore the heart shaped necklace with diamond encrusted detailing that my grandmother gave to me before she passed. For make up I did my usual routine but added blush and winged my eyeliner.

Then I heard the front door open and my mothers voice.

"I'm home guys!" She announced and I heard Sarah run down the stairs. I walked down stairs to where my parents were and greeted them gleefully.

"Honey, you look gorgeous!" My dad complimented.

"Yeah, for a grumpy old troll!" Sarah said then began singing the grumpy old troll song from Dora.

"Sarah apologize! NOW!!" My mom exclaimed.

"She looks beautiful." She added.

"Thanks mom." I replied.

"Fine, sorry." Sarah said, rolling her eyes.

"Haha!" I laughed and she stuck her tongue out at me in a child-like manner.

Almost an hour later, mom, dad and Sarah were dressed and ready to dine with the Hemmings. I went downstairs with my sparkly black purse and out the door and I walked to the house cross from mine where my family was waiting for me. The next thing I knew, my dad was ringing the doorbell to his house. I was really dreading what would or wouldn't happen tonight. A lady opened the door. I assumed she was Luke's mother. She had blond hair that gently fell past her shoulders in neat waves and beautiful blue eyes that went well with her creamy skin. She wore a floor length, red dress that seemed to glisten in the light; she looked prepossessing actually.