Cassandra and Zayn

All Rights Reserved

It was Opening Night for the school play and Cassandra was the lead role. She loved to sing and dance and act, you know, all that good stuff. 

There was a plus, too. Her all time crush, Zayn Malik, was going to be there and she was excited. He has been her crush since they were 5 and 7 and now she's 18 and he's 20. 

Cassandra walks out on stage confidently ready to shine like a star. She's excited for this play because she's been looking forward to it since December and it's now May. 

She does her scene and nails it to only ruin it with a fall. She trips over her dress and the whole audience starts laughing. Cassandra is embarrassed, no doubt. She feels like she wants to cry as she runs backstage. 

But, being the person that she is, doesn't quit. She continues throughout the rest of the play. But, afterwards, she drives home, not talking to anyone. When she isn't talking, that's strange because she is loud and outgoing, even around people she doesn't even know.

She wakes up the next morning and that night was Closing Night. She doesn't want to go whatsoever in fear of tripping again. She hemmed the bottom of her dress a little shorter so it doesn't happen again, but there are possibilities.

And, worst of all, Zayn was there and saw everything. 

Zayn has been trying to text Cassandra to ask her what's wrong, but she just ignores him along wth everyone else. She doesn't want people to talk to her about what happened and she isn't risking anything.

She arrives at the auditorium an hour early like she's supposed to. 

"Cassandra! I have to speak with you," her directior, Miss Stroik, shouts from across the room behind the stage.

"Miss Stroik, I am so sorry about yesterday and tripping and ruining everything," Cassandra says very quikcly. 

"Cassandra, I actually appreciate. The critics that were there yesterday said that was a great touch to the original play. Since you are the evil character changing into good, tripping symbolized karma and deserving what you get. It's like justice. So, can you trip again tonight, too?" the director asks her and Cassandra looks up at her clearly confused.

"But, Miss Stroik, I can't act it," she simply responds.

"So then don't act it," her director responds and walks away towards the hair section. "No, no! Two curls in her hair, not one!" 

Cassandra looks at her dress hanging on the hook with all the other costumes. She grabs it then heads to the bathroom to slip into it. She gets out and begins walking towards hair and makeup when she runs into somebody.

"Sorry," she mumbles then looks into the dark brown eyes of none other than Zayn Malik.

"It's all right," he simply replies and she raises an eyebrow at him.

"What are you doing back here?" she asks.

"My sister is in the play and she forgot her shoes. Well, anyway, are you ok? You walked out of here yesterday without speaking a word," Zayn responds looking very concerned. "You didn't give me a hug."

"Sorry, Zayn, I was just sad and embarrassed," Cassandra replies truthfully.

"About what?"

"I tripped on stage," she replies like it was completely obvious.

"That was on accident? I thought you did that on purpose because it was funny, but in a way that I thought it was supposed to be," Zayn tries to explain that he didn't think it was anything to get upset over.

"Yeah. Miss Stroik told me that and she wants me to do it again tonight," she replies and gives a slight smile.

"Well, I still want that hug," Zayn adds with a hopeful smile.

"Fine," Cassandra gives in and hugs him. As they break from the hug, Cassandra accidentally kisses Zayn's cheek. 

Both of their cheeks turn red as Cassandra takes a few steps away. 

"Sorry," she mutters and Zayn is stunned.

"Don't be," he simply replies and they both smile towards each other.

"Zayn, thanks for the shoes," Zayn's sister runs over to him and grabs the shoes out of his hands as if she saw nothing. "Oh, and I saw that!" she adds as they start blushing even more.

"We should get something to eat afterwards," Zayn suggests and Cassandra smiles.

"Ok," she agrees with a smile.