Chapter - 25

here it continues...

"Jungkook?" Yoongi says with a straight face. Before any of them could speak anything, "You two are dating?"

"I- I can explain," Jungkook says with a little in his eyes and Jimin is obviously shocked and audibly gasped before asking "How long has this been going for Y/n?"

"Uh, that-" Before Y/n could answer, Yoongi cut her off "Oh look at this view! It's been going on for longer than we can imagine!" Yoongi says sarcastically making Y/n and Jungkook stand straight. "Oppa please," Y/n says while walking towards Yoongi but he walks towards Jungkook and grabs him by his collar.

Y/n rolls her eyes because she knows the drill and lipsyncs Yoongi's words as he speaks " Make her cry once and you'll experience what these fists feel like around your neck as they're strangling you" Jungkook hugged Yoongi and Jimin was giggling at Y/n's mocking. "It's not funny, Y/n." Yoongi says. "My question was not answered yet," Jimin asked. "Ah we started dating yesterday," Jungkook replies earning a glare from Yoongi, making him shut up. "Thank you for not killing us Oppa" Y/n says with a sweet smile. "Wait till Jin finds out about this," Yoongi replied.

"Where were you going?" Yoongi asks after they all get into the elevator. "Oh, we're going to meet the boys. What about you both?" Y/n replied.

"Oh, we were going to meet Jungkook but looks like he is busy" Jimin replies eyeing Yoongi. "Kookie you can stay with them, I can go alone," Y/n says, and that's when Hoseok walks in. "Oh, Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asks with a confused look. "What do you mean?" She replies puzzled by his question. "I thought you were in Jin's apartment. Did you not know? Kai is here to talk with Jin."

"Y/n I think you should join them," Hoseok said and Y/n hesitated but couldn't say no, so she started walking towards Jin's apartment.

"Are we talking about that Kai?" Jungkook asks. "Yeah, Y/n's favorite crush. He's here," Hoseok replied making Y/n stop her steps and Jungkook grit his teeth. Jimin smirked as he was the only one who saw Jungkook's jaw tense up. Y/n felt the need to clarify and quickly said, "I was just a teenager back then, it wasn't serious" as she continued walking away from them. "Yeah, whatever. By the way, what were you all doing here?" Hoseok asked. "Yeah right, Jungkook. We might have found someone," Yoongi says and Jimin adds "And that someone might be Leah."

Third person's POV:

"Oppa?" Y/n says in a low tone as she walks in and crosses her arms, frowning.

Jin says extending his hand toward Kai. "What was the important information that you had?" Jin asks Kai and Y/n stands there unnoticed by both Kai and Jin. "Hyung, this is the hard drive I was talking about," Kai answers while it over to him. "Oh. Okay. You've got anything else to say?" Jin asks before taking a seat. "Yes, actually, would you mind giving me any information about CODE5? We just want to be on good terms with them." Kai replies as he sits opposite Jin. "Oh, there she is. Meet CODE5" Jin says as he points at Y/n.

Kai's heart skips a beat as he sees Y/n.

"Kai?" Jin calls him but Kai does not say anything and is just staring at her, with a hint of pain in his eyes.

"How are you, Y/n," Kai asks with the smallest smile on his lips and Y/n doesn't reply anything. "What's wrong with you? You are zoning out," Jin says as he walks over to Y/n and just then Jungkook enters into a room with the others. "Jin Hyung, We need to leave," He says making Yoongi grunt and say "Jungkook I told you to not do this. I said we might find her, not that we found her already." They are standing in a place where Kai cannot see them.

"Found whom, Yoongi?" Jin asks as they all walk out but Y/n stops Jungkook by grabbing his hand. "Whom did you find, kook?" she asks him but Jungkook gives a small kiss on her forehead before he walks away from her and says "I'll text you, Taehyung is staying with you so don't leave alone." as he leaves the room.

"Jungkook!" Y/n calls him but he has already left. "Y/n, We're having a meeting," Jennie says and stops after seeing someone else in the room. "Kai? What are you doing here?"

"How can you ghost her just like that, Kai? She considered you as one of her closest friends. You have no right to be hurt now that she's moved on from you," Jennie says as she stands in between Kai and Y/n. "I want to talk with Y/n," Kai says making Jennie roll her eyes. "No," Jennie answers. "CODE5 members will be coming here soon. You can talk to them and leave." Y/n says and before she can walk out Kai replies, "I'm not here to meet CODE5. I'm here to meet you."

Jennie walks out of the room, leaving Y/n and Kai alone. Kai finally got into his senses and remembered what Jin had said and started connecting the dots and realized something "Princess?" Kai mumbled with disbelief. "Y/n? You are code 5?" Kai asks and Y/n nods. "Care to explain why you guys attacked us?" She replies with a cold expression.

Kai walked to Y/n and was about to get closer to her but Y/n raised her hand, asking him to not come closer to her. "So, is this the reason behind the disappointment in your eyes? You were disappointed because you thought we attacked you? You thought I would let others harm you?" Kai says referring to her being CODE 5. This was the reason why she didn't look at him in the eyes. He knows how to read her like a book. "Please, Kai. Stop pretending like you still know me."

"And you need to stop pretending like I don't-," Kai attempts to respond but stops speaking when Taehyung enters the room. He looks back and forth between Y/n and Kai, and says, "Call me when you're done," and goes to wait outside.

"Y/n, I came here to apologize," Kai said and Jimin narrowed his eyes. "For what?" Y/n asked, "About our team member attacking your base, I am very sorry about it-"

"Do you even realize the damage your team has done?! And you just come here to verbally apologize about it?" Jennie speaks with a loud tone. "Jennie, Let him complete," Taehyung says. He entered the room when he heard Jennie shouting at Kai.

"Yes, about that, It wasn't the whole team, guys. We were also betrayed by him. I thought maybe, BTS could help us reach him but I coincidentally met CODE5 here," Kai says and sits down. At this point, Y/n was very annoyed Jennie spoke for her because they knew Jennie's word would be less hurtful than Y/n's. "So, You weren't going to apologize to CODE5 initially? Some confidence you've all got, EXO" Jennie says while clapping sarcastically.

"You guys aren't coming for the meeting so I got the information here for you, look EXO has sent us something," Rosé says as she walks toward them with a laptop in her hand. "Oh hey, I thought you guys sent the email, how did you all already know where we lived?" Rosé asks being a little surprised. "We tried to reach out but it was hard for us to contact you guys, We heard a lot about you guys, and wouldn't want to have y'all as our enemies," Kai says as he partially raises his hands in the air as if he is trying to surrender.

Y/n's ego calmed down a bit and Jennie's anger cooled down after she the email from EXO. "We need some time to think about this," Jennie says and she hands over the laptop to Taehyung.

"Guys, I will join you. Can you wait in my apartment?" Y/n says and the girls nod before leaving. "Damn your team knows how to tempt," Taehyung says after reading the proposal. "Now tell the real reason why you're here, Kai. We both know you're not here just for asking help. If you wanted to do that, you wouldn't give us a surprise visit." Y/n says, not even caring about Taehyung's presence in the room. Kai boldly answers, "I heard you were back. It's been a very long time since I've seen you, I missed you a lot, Y/n"

Dead silence. Y/n was surprised that he said it in front of Taehyung. She continued to look at him with disbelief.

to be continued...

Please vote the chapter<3

word count: 1510