Chapter 7

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖❉〗══✲══〖❉〗══✲══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══❉〗══✲══〖❉〗══✲══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

It was a quiet, rainy day. The only sound that could be heard was the pitter patter of the rain and the hooves of horses tapping the ground. A young man along with his father were returning home on a cart after dealing with a few minor affairs.

 "Father, may I ask when you will be returning back from your expedition to Sumeru?" The young male asked expectantly.

 "I won't be gone for too long my son, you don't need to worry about your old man." The older man said as he gave him a reassuring smile.

"Okay. Take care on your journey, father." The two of them then continued to traverse peacefully until the rain started getting more extreme. The wind had grown stronger and colder.

"The weather looks really bad now, perhaps we should stop and find shelter nearby. What do you think father?" He heard no response so he turned around and his eyes opened wide. What he saw in front of him, was a terrifyingly huge, purple creature and his father was stuck close to the wall, trembling all over.

"DON'T MOVE! I'LL CALL FOR HELP-" But before he could do anything, the older man attempted to attack it with a heavy stick he had found inside the cart. The creature became enraged, and it slashed him multiple times.

"NOO!" The younger man yelled as he jumped off the horses and ran towards the absurd scene. The creature simply walked away from the scene, leaving a heartbroken young lad and a barely breathing man.

"It's not your fault son, you did well and I'm proud of you....." He said, holding his son's hand as his voice slowly began to trail off and his body turned cold and lifeless. The young man was unable to say anything and sobbed uncontrollably, pressing his hand tighter.

"WE HEARD YOU YELL! IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU-" Kaeya spoke followed by the rest of the knights of favonius who had rushed in immediately only to stop in their tracks. That day was indeed a day of deep grievance. 

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅••❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

The crimson haired male was seated on a chair, his head turned upwards, staring at the ceiling. In his room were empty broken bottles, torn and scattered papers, and worst of all he looked like a mess. His eyes looked devoid of life, his hair messy and clothes tattered. A small knock was heard on the door before it was pushed open.

"..How much longer do you plan on living this way." A voice  filled with annoyance and concern was heard.

There was no response from the other side.

"I guess I'll invite myself in then." The navy blue hair male walked inside taking a good look at the room.

"It's so messy here, don't you ever clean up? You know, it's unhealthy to live in a messy room."

"What do you want from me... just leave." He finally replied with a hoarse and broken tone.

"Don't feel like it." He smiled with a huge grin on his face as he proceeded to pull up a chair and sat next to Diluc.

"Actually.. I came here to tell you something. It's about your father." His tone suddenly turned serious as he looked at the other male.

"Don't care. Now go." He turned his face away showing his lack of interest in the topic.

"I think I know who did it, the person responsible for releasing the creature."

"YOU DO?" His eyes immediately lit up as he turned back, but he continued to maintain his calm and collected composure. He wasn't sure if it was a lie, after all.

"Seems like you're finally interested now." He let out a sigh of relief before continuing.

"According to what I heard, their name is... Y/N."

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲════✲══〖❉〗══✲══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝