Havent Prayed Like I Used To

When I'm doing my exams, I struggle to read the Word and pray how I used to. It usually leads to me backsliding and sin.

Any advice?

Advice:

James 4:8
NKJV
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Jeremiah 29:12-14
NKJV
12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.

These verses help you realize that when you draw further from God, the first steps you take are recognizing what you have and repenting. Work on ways to overcome whatever caused or triggered you to go further from God.

But avoid staying in guilt and condemnation. The enemy will make you feel bad about yourself or feel like you're too far gone. It's all lies. What you can do is know that if you have a close friend and for some reason, you too have some distance, what you can do is restore that relationship by building it once again. You start over again. Know you're forgiven by God and cleansed of all unrighteousness when youaskd for forgiveness. Then you ask God to strengthen you. It will take a while for the relationship to fully go back to how it was but be consistent.

Another piece of advice is that you can challenge yourself to not study unless you've read your Bible. So you don't allow yourself to do schoolwork without praying or reading the work. You can also wake up earlier to spend time with God or wake up at night. Find a solution to the reason why you began to backslide and figure out a way to solve it.

-etty