01

2015

After 7/15, hard times came for mutants everywhere

After 7/15, hard times came for mutants everywhere. Well... almost everywhere.

In East Africa, Kenya, The Upinzani, have won. Those that supported them outnumber those that were against African Mutants. And from that moment on, the whole of Africa was now a save Haven for mutants. Who were granted full citizen rights.

The group was founded in 1984, after Ellen Strucker marched against the apartheid government in South Africa, which was responsible for oppressing mutants alongside other racial groups. And it was lead by Amo Tonudu. A mutant with the ability to shape-shift into an African Lion with black mane. And while their African human cousins got rights, the mutants of Africa don't. And thus was born The Upinzani.

They at that time operated in East Africa. Kenya. And have spread their influence and convinced many popular individuals to help and support them and their fellow mutants.

Many mutants joined them. Among them was Ororo Munroe. A powerful mutant with weather-manipulating abilities, prestigiously known as the windriding Storm. Having been orphaned after a plane crashed on and destroyed her home, the young Ororo became a sneak thief on the streets of Cairo under the tutelage of Achmed El Gibár. As a teenager, Ororo travelled to the Serengeti plains, where she was venerated by the locals as a goddess for using her abilities to ease the droughts in the arid desert. Eventually approached by Professor Xavier. Ororo adopted the name Storm to join his X-Men, a mutant group aimed at implementing peace between humans and mutants.

Sometime later, an unknown man impregnated her, given birth to a son. Whom she named Yahya.

Even as he grew up, Ororo wouldn't tell him who his father is. Only promising him that when the time is right, she'll tell him.

He inherited his mother's appearance. Among them being her blue eyes and white hair. And to her surprise, Yahya inherited his mother's powers.

Atmokinesis or Weather Manipulation.

He's also a fast learner and has joined the The Upinzani when he was thirteen, despite his mother insisting that he shouldn't. But Amo assured Storm he'll only drive and become their key to escape and their key to stay hidden.

Yahya made many friends among the group. Among them being his cousin.

Evan Daniels, who has Bone Manipulation.

Kenura. She's a mutant telepath and empath.

Zeke. He's a Cyberpathic Mutant.

Umoja. He has Geokinesis.

Amani. He can manipulate nature and is a powerful healer.

And Andara. Daughter of Amo Tonudu and has her father's ability.

Together they were able to turn Africa into the seconds most save haven for not only its humans, but it's mutants as well. Canada had already granted mutant rights, but the mutants still have a long way to go.