03

Flashback (2016)

After the mission, Magni and Lorna were flying around HQ

After the mission, Magni and Lorna were flying around HQ. Thanks to the green haired mutant wearing metal boots and bracelet, she can levitate and fly to some extent. Unlike Magni who can fly effortlessly.

Both train sometimes together. With Lorna hurling metal object at him and he destroys them with his lightning.

The two alone are considered to be one of the few most powerful mutants. With the two being an Omega-Level Mutant.

Right now, the two were on the roof tops of HQ. "That was some mission. I can't believe Agent Turner almost had us. Luckily I created a fog and masked our escaped pretty well."

"Yeah, that was way too close for comfort." Lorna said snickering.

Let's just say word of a powerful mutant joining The Mutant Underground spread and Jace Turner, the lead agent of Sentinel Services, called in reinforcement. Almost thirty agents arrived and Magni covered their escape and wrapped his team in an air bubble and fly away from them. But not before creating a huge fog.

"Do you know what they're calling you nowadays?" Lorna asked.

"Do I wanna know?" Magni asked back.

"Yeah. The God Of Thunder."

Magni is aware that some people call him that due to his power in controlling the weather. But he much rather be called by his code name, Stormrider. But none the less, allows them to call him whatever he wants, as long as they are reminded that he's not really a god. He's just naturally powerful. "What about you? Surely you've been called something awesome."

Lorna was a little hesitant, because some mutants and humans saw her powers and the ability to control metal. It reminded them of someone else they know. Lorna resented her birth father for not coming for her, she would see news reports of him and the Brotherhood as she grew up and all she could think was "the world hates him, but I hate him more".

Magni sees this and comforts her. "Lorna, just because you have the same powers as him, doesn't mean your him."

"Easy for you to say. You're the son of Storm. One of the original members of The X-Men. One that opposed the views of The Brotherhood, who were lead by my deadbeat dad." Lorna even looks at Magni and herself and sees that they could have been enemies and they could have opposing views.

"We are not our parents, Lorna. We may have their powers, but we are much different from them. Aside from gender, we are friends. Best friends. And together, we will keep fighting until a world where humans and mutants can coexist peacefully." Magni said to her.

"You think so?" Lorna asked.

"I'm from Africa, remember? They've already accepted us there. And in Canada. Why not the US?" Magni asked. "We will get to that point, you'll see."