Chapter 125

RACHEL

"Do we really need to get a gift for this dumb party? I mean, I'm pretty sure that my mother will be fine about not getting a gift from us," Ezra mumbles out, and I'm not surprised he's already getting irritated; we have been walking around the mall for two hours or so. I swear he's like a man child, "You know, you are acting selfish because your mother is getting married whether you like it or not. So let's get a gift; it's inappropriate not to get one," I snapped at him, and he only nodded. He knows I'm right.

I go towards the kitchen area and look at the baking section with different colors of electric mixers; there's probably every color of the rainbow on the shelf, from turquoise blue to lavender purple, "Which one should we get for her?" I point out, and Ezra nods no, "This one. She is really anything purple, and you should have seen the kitchen at my childhood house. It's covered in purple from the wall to the essentials," he remarks of the image of the house and pulls out his phone.

He swipes through the pictures, and a good half of them are pictures of us, and my heart swells, "This is what the kitchen looked like before everything happened," he says, and I know he swelled his emotions when he was about to tell was seeing his childhood house being in flames, "It's so pretty. Much better than my house,". I grab the lavender mixer and put it in the cart along with a set of measuring spoons, and we continue shopping before heading back home.