N. W. All the Stars in the Sky💜 (gn)

Summary: When you get insecure about your body and doubt yours and Nancy's relationship, she quickly assured you she never doubted you for a second.
Warnings: body insecurity, mentions of starving yourself, mentions of mental issues, not feeling good enough, reader being described in bad light, reader being described using more feminine (beautiful, gorgeous, stunning) adjectives (in a good light)
Length: .8k

Spring break was supposed to be fun. A good time to hang out with friends, take a vacation, relax, or simply enjoy the warmer weather. But yet again you had somehow ended up fighting monsters again.

Your lovely girlfriend, Nancy, was a helluva fighter, especially with guns. She was also incredibly beautiful, intelligent, and strong. She was a master of quick thinking and problem solving. Nancy was one of the most important assets to the group. You, however, believed you were not.

You felt like you weren't strong enough to do any of the fighting, you weren't smart enough to do the planning or mystery-solving and you certainly weren't brave enough to actually go with them to fight the monsters yourself. It felt like you were so busy battling your own demons, you were finding it hard to battle the real ones.

And you thought you were too fat to be of any use anyways. You always felt that your thighs were too thick, your stomach had too much pudge, that your cheeks were too chubby and made your face look too round. So you started eating less. And then even less. Then less than that until you practically weren't eating at all. You ate in front of friends when they insisted- you didn't want to be more of a burden then how you already felt. Eventually you became used to the gnawing in your stomach.

You felt terrible almost all of the time. You were starving, and always tired no matter how much you slept. You did your best to keep your grades up and keep up your happy pretense with your friends, but you felt like you were slipping. You just didn't feel good enough. And a lot of the time, you wondered why Nancy loved you, and what Nancy was terribly concerned about you, and finally got the answer out of you.

Your sick and twisted version of yourself wasn't how anyone else saw you- especially not Nancy. So when you confessed how you felt to her she was horrified. "Babe? What? You ARE strong! You are so so beautiful and your heart- your heart is so so beautiful too. You have helped everyone through everything- you've been the strongest because you've been there for everyone else for their own personal battles as well! You've been an older sibling/parent figure to the whole party! And you've helped us older kids out a bunch too. You're the glue holding our group together! You keep everyone safe and prepared and out of trouble!  You are MORE than enough, maybe even more than we deserve! So many times it's felt like you're a divine entity sent to care for us and to make up for all our troubles.
And baby, we all-especially me- could care less about how you look! Your body is so so beautiful too! I could care less about what you look like- you've been here for me since the beginning with Barb. Even though my friends left me, you stuck with me. You didn't force your way into my heart, you unknowingly found the key, unlocked, and made yourself at home. I could care less about what you look like! I don't care about your weight, your looks, your race, your strength, your popularity- all of those STUPID, SHALLOW things society makes us care about that don't define you at all. Your face is beautiful, your stomach is stunning, your thighs are gorgeous- your body is dazzling, brilliant, lovely, spectacular, everything beautiful in this world because it is purely and truly you. I like-no- I LOVE you because of you and nothing else. As cheesy as it is- you truly are beautiful inside and out, and I will love you forever. No matter what, I, Nancy Wheeler, will ALWAYS love you," Nancy ranted before pulling you into a soft but passionate kiss, one that lit up your body and soul, like she was indeed trying to show you all of the love she felt for you.

"I love you too, Nancy," you told her. She smiled gently before pulling you in for another soft, sweet, slow kiss.

"Love, you are more beautiful than all the stars in the sky," she said.