Chapter 8

A freaked out, totally shocked, flabbergasted even Cassidy and Abigail who, at the sight of her new roommate, let us say, breaking in her dorm room bed, fled to the safety of Casidy's car to regroup and figure out what just happened and what they were going to do next. As they entered the car, though, silence fell over them. A long period of silence, one that seemed like hours. The pause was almost comically awkward.

It felt so long, but in reality, it had been only over a minute. But as Cassidy came to learn and as she had shown earlier on their car trip down there, Abigail could not stand long periods of silence. You may as well sentence her to death.

And so, after this long period of silence that she had both created and made longer, Abigail bursted out with a yell of, "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!"

"Uh, I think your roommate forgot to put the sock on the door," Cassidy laughed at Abigail's over-expressive exclamation while being proud of himself for fitting in a college trope.

"Put a sock on the door? What in the actual fuck does that mean? And again I ask, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?"

"You've really never heard the old bit about putting a sock or tie on the door so people don't come in and, uh, stop you from having a good time?"

"So people don't stop you from having fun? WHAT THE FUCK?"

"It's so you don't get caught fucking."

"I know that, dipshit, but why would you fuck when someone could walk in and catch you? I have to live there now, in the weird community sex room!"

"Weird community sex room?"

"Yes. You know it wasn't just them. There's been more people banging in there. Ugh, it's so gross."

"Have you ever stayed in a hotel?"

"Yes, why? Oh, wait... OH MY FUCKING GOD, people are so gross!"

"You really were sheltered, weren't you? I mean, you've slept in my bed and well, I've, you know, had quite a few visitors."

"I know, but I try not to think about it. If I don't think about it, I live in a better, more clean, and not gross world."

"So the only place you've ever slept or done anything with anyone was in your home in your bed?"

"Well no, but I was a kid. I didn't know better."

"Didn't know better, or it just wasn't gross when it's you?"

"Well it isn't gross when I do it. I make sure no one is around and I clean up after myself. And plus, if anyone did happen to come in the room while I was, let's say, performing, they'd be blessed to see me because I'm hot, duh!"

"The chick in there looked pretty hot from the back. Just by her rhythm, it looked like she, uh... knew how to perform very well."

"EW! You're so gross! She almost looked like the bitch from Kev's place."

"Wait, you thought that, too?"

"Oh fuck, you don't think it actually was her, do you?"

"Fuck no, it couldn't be. Even you don't have that bad of luck."

"Exactly. I mean, what are the odds? Like zero, right?"

"Yeah zero, for fuckin' sure."

"Sooooo, this is awkward... What do we do now? Just sit and chat?"

"Uh, yeah, sure. I mean, I guess we just carry on. So you say you look hot when fucking?"

"Oh fucking stop. Your bitch ass couldn't handle me."

"I mean, I could try. I'm pretty good at most things I try. Just getting me to try, though, that's the hard part."

"Lucky for you, you don't have to try, because we've friend-zoned each other so hard that we can joke about this stuff. Which is a fucking shame because I could actually use some dick after what we just saw to one, clear my mind, and two, remind myself I am better than that."

"I mean, we could fuck. As a joke."

"Shut the fuck up," Abigail laughed as she hit Cassidy on the upper arm before continuing. "Okay, but in all seriousness, like what do we do? Because I'm not going back in there and I can't afford a hotel for the rest of the semester."

"I don't know. I guess we could just live in my car all year. It's gonna be pretty awkward when I bring girls to the backseat, though."

"Dumbass, you have a room. Wait, that's it! Do you think your friends will care if I crash with you guys tonight?"

"Come on, the car is the best option for us."

"Excuse me, can you hand me my purse? I think you left your balls in there."

"Not funny."

"Not funny to be a pussy, either."

"I'm not a pussy. I've not talked to them much in a long time. Never visited them here once. We just... we're not close like we used to be."

"Okay, so hear me out here. Fucking fix it so you don't get this lose them forever. What if you let me go? Where would I be? Where would you be? People love you. They need you. Hell, Cass, they miss you."

"What if they don't, huh? What then? What if we walk in and they don't even want to talk or look at me?"

"I'm so confident that even if that is the case at first, you can change things around so quickly and make everything awesome and cool like you always do. But if they still hate you and kick you out, I will take you by the hand personally, lead you back to my room, take you out of the friend zone, and give my roommate and whoever her man of the week is a show and fuckin ride you until you either cum like you never have before or you don't have fucking legs anymore. Sound like a fucking deal?"

"Uh, I'm not saying that's what I want, bestie, but uh, mark me down as scared and horny. Fucking bet, bitch."

The pair do their totally cool handshake and make the bet official for both of them. It's a win-win in a way, but in another, it's a lose-lose. But, neither backed down from a bet and they had a motive so to the dorm room they go.

As they arrived at the door, scared at the thought of finally hearing that his best friends hated him, Cassidy tried to run away – but not before Abigail stopped him. With her shirt now pulled down to be a bit more low cut and with the most sad puppy dog, please? for me? mixed with I want you eyes, complete with a lip bite, Abigail looked to him and said, "Aren't you gonna knock?"

His man brain won this day. He may lose his best friends but he would get to bang his dream girl, who was also his best friend, and that could ruin everything. To say Cassidy was conflicted would be an understatement. This man was going through each and every one of the trials. As they began to knock on the door, to his shock, surprise, and delight, Chuck, as stoned as ever, opened the door, looked back at Trent, and shouted, "Holy fuck, bro! OC came to party and he brought some pussy! Best weekend before fall semester ever!"

Chuck rushed them inside as Abigail shot a look to tell Cassidy she told him so and he's back in the friend zone. Because they were better that way. Because she didn't do relationships. With that, there went his chance of getting her in bed.

As Psycho Killer by The Talking Heads started playing in the background and the blunt rotation started, Cassidy had a smile on his face, and as did everyone else in the room. He was right where he needed to be. Right where he was happiest.

High as a kite and surrounded by his best friends.