Four. Everyone Has A Story

I'm sitting across from Niall this morning having breakfast in the clubhouse

I'm sitting across from Niall this morning having breakfast in the clubhouse. He's telling me how horribly wrong things went between Lincoln and her father last night. Part of me feels bad about it and the other part of me thinks she deserved to be put in her place.

I didn't go out last night. I wanted to. I was going to call Brandi and get piss drunk and fuck her just to spite Lincoln. I don't know what held me back from doing so, but something did and I didn't like that at all.

I pretend I'm listening to Niall tell the whole story but the truth is I'm focused on the low cut golf polo and the extremely tight golf skirt the woman sitting at the table beside ours has on. I suspect she's here with her husband and he's sat at the table across from her, talking on his cell phone about some business deal. She's focused on me.

She knows I'm watching her, despite the sunglasses on my face to try not to be so obvious about it. She shifts in her chair and her skirt rides up a bit more. A small smirk forms on my face and she notices. She traces the rim of her champagne flute that holds her morning mimosa with her index finger and she's sizing me up. I'm not sure if she knows who I am or not. She shifts again and opens her legs slowly before crossing her other leg. She knows I saw her fucking underwear. She wanted me to see.

"Boys" my attention turns to Peter's voice who's standing at our table. I stand to shake his hand and give him my undivided attention now. The trophy wife will have to wait.

"Niall, Jack is already out there with a cart. Why don't you go join him, I'd like to speak with Harry for a moment." Niall shakes his head in agreement and pats my shoulder.

"Late night?" Peter asks.

"Truth or a lie?" I ask. I remove my sunglasses as a sign of respect for our conversation.

"Always tell me the truth boy wonder."

"God it's so painfully boring though. I was in bed by 10. Slept like a rock all night. " I laugh.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone the truth. Sounds like my typical kind of night." He laughs.

"Don't get any ideas old timer. I'm not turning into an old man." I laugh.

"Did Niall tell you about the fireworks at the Reynolds house?"

"A little bit." I hope he's not going to ask me to recollect it because I was half ass listening.

"What did you do to make Link dislike you so much?" He asks.

"I honestly don't know. I don't think she finds me charming like most girls do." I shrug my shoulders and laugh.

"She's not like most girls. That's lesson number one. She is my daughter and she is the most important thing in the world to me. I expect you to treat her with respect and try to be nicer to her. I need for you two to somewhat be able to coexist." He takes a sip from his coffee cup.