Chapter 2: Breakthrough

Thomas slowly opened his eyes and looked around. It was blurry at first until his eyes came into focus. Thomas then suddenly remembered where he was and the events prior to him being there. "Dad..." Thomas said weakly as he tried to take the breathing mask off. "Uncle Rad...." Thomas said weakly now feeling the pain of his bullet wound. Thomas tried to sit up but couldn't. "This really hurts," Thomas said as he laid back down. "Dad!" Thomas shouted now having the strength to shout. "Oh my!" A nurse shouted as she went to go get a doctor. Bandit and his family were in the waiting room with the doctor talking about the possibilities of Thomas not waking up. "So I just want to talk about the chances of him not waking up," the Doctor started to explain with everyone in the waiting room. Everyone was heartbroken hearing those words "of the chance of him not waking up" "okay," Bandit said, preparing for the worst. "Doctor Brown! He's awake!" The nurse shouted running into the waiting room. "What?!" Everyone shouted. Bandit then jumped up and raced to his son's hospital room.

Bandit couldn't believe his eyes when seeing his son was awake and looking at him. "Mate! You're okay!" Bandit said with tears of joy and went over to son's side and started kissing his son's head and holding his hand. "I thought I lost you mate... I really did," Bandit said, still holding his son's hand with tears running down his muzzle. The doctor came in and checked him out and smiled at Thomas's progress. "Looks like he's going to be just fine," Dr Brown said as he took Thomas off the oxygen. Thomas then took off the breathing mask and smiled at his father. "Hey dad," Thomas said softly. Bandit looked in his son's eyes and rubbed the top of his son's head. "Hey yourself mate," Bandit said softly as he kissed the top of his son's head. "Don't ever scare me like that again mate," Bandit said softly. "I wasn't trying to dad but uncle Rad.... Wait, where is uncle Rad?" Thomas asked. Bandit then realized he pushed his brother out and it was a mistake. "I... I pushed him out... I need to fix this mate," Bandit said as he stood up and left the room.

Bandit went to the waiting room where his family was Curious about Thomas's current condition. "Bandit is he alright? What's going on?" Stripe asked as he stood up from his seat. "He's fine mate, better than fine... I need to find Rad," Bandit said. "Maybe he didn't leave," Frisky said, standing up from her seat. "Right, maybe he's still in the parking lot," Bandit said as he made his way outside. "Mum, can we see Thomas?" Bluey asked her mother. "Um..." Chilli said as she looked at the rest of her family. Everyone nodded as they knew Bluey and Bingo deserved to see their brother. "Yes," Chilli said as she picked up Bingo and took Bluey's hand and started to make their way to Thomas's room. Bandit raced outside and found Rad sitting in his truck about to start it and get ready to leave. "Rad!" Bandit shouted as he ran over to his brother's truck. Rad then saw his brother running over to him. Rad then got out of his truck. "Bandit you were right... I should leave and..." Rad started to say until Bandit grabbed his brother and hugged him. "He's awake mate and he asked for you," Bandit said, holding on tight to his brother.

"Thomas?" Bluey asked nervously as she walked into the room. "Hey blue," Thomas said softly, looking at his sister. Chilli then walked into the room with Bingo in her arms. "Hey Mom, hey Bingo," Thomas said with a soft smile. Bluey walked over to her brother and sat in the chair that was next to him while Chilli set down Bingo. "Are you okay Thomas?" Bingo asked. "I'm better than okay," Thomas said with a smile. Chilli placed her hand on her son's hand while tearing up. "I'm okay mom," Thomas said, trying to reassure Chilli that he was alright. "If we would have lost you... I don't... I don't know what we would have done... your dad.... He would have been devastated," Chilli said, letting her tears go. "I'm still standing mom and I'm not going anywhere," Thomas said as he rubbed Chilli's hand. "Did it hurt big brother?" Bluey asked. "Bluey," Chilli said looking at her daughter. "It's okay mom," Thomas said as he turned and looked at his sister. "You know blue, it did hurt and it's not like the movies where everything is fine," Thomas said with a light chuckle. Rad then walked into the room shocked to see his nephew there. "Thomas..." Rad said, stepping forward. "Come on kids, let your uncle have some space with your brother," Chilli said as she took the girls out of the room.

"Hey uncle Rad," Thomas said softly. Rad then sat down next to his nephew and placed his hand on his arms making sure this was real. Rad couldn't help but to keep having tears roll down his muzzle. "Uncle Rad, it's okay I'm still here," Thomas said now, having his own tears. "Mate... I..." Rad said trying to have the words come out but couldn't. "I'm sorry for scaring you, but I can't lose my uncle," Thomas said softly. "But if we lost you mate, we... we would be so broken the whole family would be," Rad said now holding his nephew's hand. "I know but losing you would also be making this family broken, my dad and uncle Stripe losing a brother. Bluey, Bingo, Socks and Muffin losing an uncle. Chilli and Trixie losing a brother in law and then Frisky losing her newly married husband," Thomas explained. "I know mate, but you have so much to live for," Rad explained. "And you still have to be the father you're born to be uncle Rad," Thomas said with a weak smile. "Thanks mate," Rad said softly.

A few hours went by and Thomas has seen his grandparents and his uncle Stripe and aunt Trixie and even. Socks and Muffin. At the end of the day everyone said their goodbyes and went home besides Bandit. Bandit sat in the chair and was sleeping while his son was in the hospital bed watching TV. Thomas then noticed his father was whimpering in his sleeping and Whispering his son's name. "Dad?" Thomas said, looking at his father. Bandit didn't wake up; he continued to wimpier. "Dad, wake up!" Thomas shouted. Bandit then shot open awake and say his son was still here.

"Oh, I'm sorry mate, I was dreaming," Bandit explained. "Dad, it's okay, maybe you should go home and get some sleep," Thomas suggested. "Mate I'm not leaving your side, not ever," Bandit said still with worry in his voice. "Dad, it's okay I'm in a safe place," Thomas said in reassuring tone. "I... I can't..." Bandit confessed as he looked down. "Yes, yes you can," Thomas said, placing his hand on his fathers hand. Bandit looked at his with tears in his eyes. "I can't mate, please just let me stay with you tonight," Bandit pleaded. Thomas know his father was worried about and still shook to the core of losing him. "Okay, but tomorrow you need to go and be with the girls and mom," Thomas said with a nod. Bandit nodded before kissing the top of his son's head.

Bandit sat back in his chair and looked at his son. Flashbacks of seeing his son for the first time and hearing Emily saying she was pregnant with Thomas flashed past him. "What?" Thomas asked, looking at his father. "I'm just remembering the first time I heard you're mum say she was pregnant with you," Bandit said with a smile. "How did you feel when she told you that?" Thomas asked curiously while laying back in his bed. "I couldn't explain my happiness for her mate, I was so happy and couldn't wait to be your dad," Bandit said softly with a smile. "Yeah?" Thomas asked. "Yeah it was the most important day of my life to finally be a father," Bandit explained. "Was it the same thing with Bluey and Bingo?" Thomas asked, getting sleepy. "It was mate being a father again two more times is great but you know what?" Bandit asked, noticing his son was getting tried. "What?" Thomas asked, with a yawn. "You never ever forget your first born, seeing you opening your eyes and having your mum's eyes and finally being able to hold you close to me was the best feeling in the world," Bandit explained softly now, noticing his son was asleep. "I love you mate," Bandit said, now trying to go back to sleep himself.

(Flashback)

"Here is the gender of your baby," the doctor said, showing Emily and Bandit their baby on the Monitor. "A boy..." Emily said softly with tears forming. Bandit held his wife's hand and kissed it while also having tears in his eyes. "Congratulations Mr and Mrs Heeler," The doctor said before leaving the room. Emily and Bandit looked at each other and then kissed each other. "He's going to be so perfect," Emily said while holding her husbands head on hers. "Just like you Em," Bandit said softly. "And you," Emily said softly before kissing her husband again. Emily rubbed her husband's muzzle softly and just continued to look at him passionately. "It's going to be okay this time," Emily said softly. Bandit nodded as he continued to kiss his wife out of happiness.

Kodiwolf321 A/N: Hey guys here we are with some happy moments! I think the ending of this chapter was a sweet one. Having Bandit tell his son how he felt when he and Emily were first pregnant with him alright guys well hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the next one real soon!