Chapter 8: POV

Chapter 8: POV

Bandit woke up and stretched as he got out of bed. Bandit looked behind him and saw that his wife was still sleeping. He smiled light before standing up and scratching his stomach. Bandit then made his way towards the kitchen and started to make early morning breakfast for his family. As Bandit finished cooking the usual breakfast items, his ears perked up upon hearing some footsteps approach the kitchen. He turned to see his beloved wife walking in the room, "Morning babe." Bandit greeted me with a smile. "Good morning, what wakes you up so early?" Chilli asked as she kissed him on the cheek.

"I woke up a couple hours ago and couldn't get back to sleep." Bandit replied before he kissed her back on her cheek. "I made you coffee." He said, nodding his head towards the coffee pot that was indeed full of hot, freshly made coffee. "Thank you sweetheart," Chilli said with a smile as she went to get some coffee. Just as she poured herself some coffee and added her cream and sugar, Thomas walked into the house while taking an ear bud out of his ear. "Hey mate! Just back from a run?" Bandit asked his teenage son. "Yeah, it feels great to go out on a run." Thomas replied with a smile as he took his earbud out of his ear and paused the music on his phone. "You and mom okay?" The Blue Heeler-Husky mix asked, looking at both of his parents.

"Yeah! We're great sweetheart," Chilli said as she took a drink of her coffee. "I made your favorite mate," Bandit said with a smile. "It does smell good dad, do you want me to see if the girls are up?" Thomas asked his parents. "Nah, let them sleep, mate. You should go hop in the shower." Bandit replied with a chuckle before Chilli sniffed Thomas, "Yeah, probably a good idea." She replied, waving her hand in front of her nose. "Alright, alright I'm on it," Thomas said as he went to take a shower. "He's so much like you in every way," Chilli said, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Well he's my boy." Bandit said as he wrapped his around his wife before he rested his head against hers. "Emily would be proud of you," Chilli whispered to him. "She would be proud of you too, babe." Bandit replied as he rubbed her arm. "You've been a great mum to him when he needed one." He said with a small smile.

Chili cuddle husband as he started to finish up brekkie. It was long after Thomas had got out of the shower and shook off his fur and went down stairs. Bingo was up and at the table just as Thomas came into the kitchen. "Morning Bingo, how's one of my favorite babysitters doing?" Thomas asked as he walked over and ruffled the top of Bingo's head with a light grin. Bingo giggled "good morning Thomas!" Bingo said, wagging her tail. "I guess Bluey's still sleeping?" Thomas asked as he grabbed a glass of orange juice from the fridge. "She's taking in a late sleep," Chilli said

"Gotcha. Well, that's fine. It is the weekend, after all." Thomas replied before sitting down next to Bingo. "So, what do you guys feel like doing today?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. As the bandit placed down all the plates of food he looked at his son. "I have an idea! We can take the ferry over to that toy shop?" Bandit suggested as Bluey came into the kitchen. "Ooo, that sounds like a great idea! What do you think, Bluey?" Thomas replied to his father before turning to his little sister. "Yeah! That sounds fun! Can we get ice cream again dad?" Bluey asked her father hinting at what happened last time with the ice cream.

"Well, that depends if you bumble nuts will eat them this time and not let them melt." Bandit replied with a chuckle. "What did they do?" Thomas asked as he made a breakfast sandwich with the fixings that his father made. "Well, your sisters started squabbling about trying to lick each other's ice creams, and they danced around each other until it all melted." Bandit replied with a chuckle. Thomas then chuckled. "That sounds like them," Thomas said before taking a bite of his food. "Hey!" They both said looking at their brother. "What? I'm just kidding." Thomas replied as he ruffled both his little sister's hair. "Hey! Maybe I can find a job?" He suggested it to both of his parents.